Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

big mean giraffe posted:

Since when is this anything but pure 100% speculation?

Then it would match 99% of the posts in a MH thread. :v:

v-unit posted:

I stopped following MH after one or two videos in season 2. According to this OP, the only thing character wise that I missed is that instead of just wondering if MM is Tim, it's been confirmed that he is?
Pretty much confirmed short of him actually taking the mask off on camera. There is a 2nd character with a slightly different mask now as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

It is a bit odd that Alex would name his twitter marblehornets. Then again the connection between game and reality is really murky to begin with in this series. Like why Jay would edit tapes and put them on youtube at all.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Timall posted:

Maybe something to do with the coughing? Or maybe Jay will now start creepily staking out the local doctors?

Tomorrow Jay breaks into a doctor's office, what could go wrong?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Oasx posted:

I may be alone in this, but i always prefer the 'tapes' part of the series the most, i just always found those the most interesting bits of the story
The tapes are good because it gives a second point of view that you have to figure the story out from. You have all these events but you don't know how they relate until you go 'so that is why he did that'. It also has the whole the Operator was there the whole time angle. But its easy to overdo and too much of it can make it harder to follow and remember what order things happened though.

My theory(because its practically a thread requirement now) is the tapes start to reveal Alex's and/or Tim's motivation or Tim will find the tapes, watch them himself, and either help Jay or go back to his old masky tricks/attract the operator.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

No, Alex is Jessica, Tim is the Operator, and Jay is a stretched out tree
Me doctor.

I can only wonder what people must have though about Jay sitting outside a mental health clinic for days without going in. Just some jobless kid not right in the head. A tall guy in a suit drops some spare change in his cup and Jay blacks out mumbling something about sideburns.

VVV What do the original Marble Hornets tapes have to do with who is TTA?

CampingCarl fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Mar 12, 2012

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

MeccaPrime posted:

I know we've seen Slendy kind of shuffling around a little bit in the playground scene and the hallway scene, but I think this might be the fastest we've seen him move on tape. I really like that effect; good job guys!

In the video or that gif I can't really see anything that I can identify as slendy or anything else besides a shadow. I see a vertical shadow on the door and I see the shadow of the keyboard from the flashlight go away like there was a 2nd light source, but I don't see anything come in the room or move fast. What am I looking for? Is there one of those MSpaint outlines?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Eggnogium posted:

If you can't get it from those gifs I dunno if you'll ever see it. The first one is really obvious and I was shocked people missed it in the video. The last one is hard to catch in realtime and just looks like a flicker, but in that gif it is very obviously a slenderleg sweeping quickly into the room.
I was going to say the gif was what made me think it is a shadow but then I looked at it on another computer and it looked completely different. Some combination of a bad laptop and chrome made it look like 2/3 the frames were missing. I can see the leg now.

I think I would have preferred to not see him walking like that though. Its not too fast to be a person and too slow to not notice.

As far as I remember almost any time he has been standing still people don't notice him even in obvious places. Most of the time people do notice him he is already moving or may move as a reaction to being seen. So walking into the room, as opposed to teleport/moving so fast that he can't be seen, seems like he would be seen. That could have been the point and he entered the room to do "something" which may have ended the tape, but I just didn't get that impression. I guess I could be both right and wrong if that is what happened but it isn't shown until the next tape.

I hope I have sufficiently over analyzed the video way beyond its original intent. :)

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Misandu posted:

You know you've made it big when you start hearing the rumors about yourself!
Now I have the mental image of MH on supermarket tabloids.

"What is Alex hiding? Is it a secret affair with Jessica? Read inside to find out!"
"Tim's picks for masks this summer."
"Exclusive tips how the Operator stays slender!"

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Since the latest TTA seems to be directed at Alex, is there anything to indicate that all the TTA were not directed at Alex?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

IUG posted:

If you notice before they enter the building the word bones is on the doorway. Also, as Tim exits the room through the hole in the wall, by the window is an operator symbol.
Alex was looking directly at the symbol while Tim was looking at whatever that thing is at 2:48 and didn't move until Tim walked up to him.

Entry 22 looks like it is probably the basement of this building. It seems to me that Alex's violence is caused or directed by the operator at this point rather than Alex working against it.

Len posted:

Did anyone else notice some sort of black shadow go across the left side of the screen around 4:11 right as Alex goes across the duct work?
Yeah. I'm not sure its supposed to be anything though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

I couldn't tell what it was when I saw it but after the whole thing I assumed that it was Alex coming with his flashlight.

• Locked thread