Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

(replying from the other thread so mods don't get butthurt about too many slendermans on the front page)

Coffee And Pie posted:

I guess now is the best time to admit how much I hated this thread's title. New one is fantastic, though!

Mods changed that a few months ago, due to there being three or four slenderman threads going at once. We'll see if this thread suffers the same fate...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

ToTheArbys is the poor guy's name :colbert:

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Aw poo poo, new entry tomorrow!

@marblehornets: Had my camera with me all week. Entry #53 will be uploaded tomorrow

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Pope Guilty posted:

Am I the only one that doesn't see a face here?

Yes? Mouth, nose, eye are pretty visible. I suck at ms paint or I'd slenderpig it.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Never stop doing what you do

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Strange, I remember something about a string snapping accident that turned out good as well. We've been incepted :tinfoil:

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

@marblehornets posted:

Entry #56 will be uploaded later tonight.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

fullroundaction posted:

And then post an angsty TTA video.

This is your chance, Marble Beerboz

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

IUG posted:

Slendy's around him somewhere...

Him? Or you? :tinfoil:

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

At this point it's fair game I'm sure, as VS didn't copywrite the idea (I know you can't copywrite an idea but you know what I mean) and many other mediums have already utilized it.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

fullroundaction posted:

Why is no one spergin' bout the shoes skimasky was wearing? That's gotta be a clue right?

Some of you new guys pick up the slack.

haha for real. There's plenty of sideburn analysis to be done!

I'm late to the party, just caught up. I wonder when we'll get another update.. soon, I'm sure. Whoever said this feels like it could be leading up to a series finale, I get that vibe too. Also,

HyperPuma posted:

As to what the mask wants.... To be slenderman's face of course.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

That ending was fantastic.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

This is DeadGuy's face. After watching the video, I went back and did some amateur sideburn analysis. The second image (and 1-2 seconds after, watch at that part) looks like dude has a full beard.

With his reaction to who it was, I was wondering if he had found a dead version of himself. That's enough to drive anyone insane, along with constant drowning. And so close to the top of the water :gonk:

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Yeah, I was wondering what the guy Alex killed was wearing.. there goes that theory.

There were lots of other split second frames that might be interesting.. anyone find anything in them?

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I wonder when we should expect to hear from Jay, considering the next thing happening is just a few hours after this entry.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Weren't they supposed to go back to the place that night? Kinda weird that's there's no mention of that, unless I missed something.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

soupcan58 posted:

Do we still have some of the folks that figured out a few of the ciphers way back when, or are they gone now? I never remember something like this going this long without an answer. I've never been good with this, so I really don't think I'd be any help.

poo poo, back in the day people would be pouring over every number and drawing MS Paint outlines of pigs. I'm surprised unfiction isn't all over this, though.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Docjowles posted:

Compare this to EverymanHYBRID where fullroundaction trolled the HABIT competition by refusing to reveal what he'd been sent in the package unless he got to stay in the trials. This led to more videos of his house getting broken into by HABIT and his roommate kidnapped or something. Fan interaction directly changed the in-game world, if only in tangential ways.

Man, that was so drat cool to watch happen. Didn't UF vote him off the island or something afterwards though?

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

We should have a thread on memes created by SA, I wonder if this is the most popular one.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

precision posted:

I really seriously hope they consider a thing called "editing" for the DVD of this season. Because yeah there's just no way it would be entertaining all at once.

7 minutes of following hoodmasky that ended in... absolutely nothing (aside from the tape). That was just... bad.

I was waiting for a payoff that never came :(

Actually for the DVD this would play out better; a chase that ended in disappointment, followed by watching that tape, then right back into finding Hoodie [presumably]

curiousTerminal posted:

I'm interested to see what's on the tape, though. Hope we get it relatively soon.

I'm hoping that's why it took so long to get this one done, because they wanted to drop that next tape tonight. It's strange how there's no pretext/posttext, right? I think I remember an episode or two without, but I wonder if it means anything.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

fullroundaction posted:

Now that EMH and MH are wrapping up there's going to be a power vacuum in the Slenderverse. Looks like I might have to dust off the camera, grab a shotgun, and find some rednecks.

Do iiiiitttttt

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

What if they had filmed the next found-tape entry, but used that actual tape in the latest video and it got corrupted or literally too dirty to play?

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Interesting editing in this video. I wonder if there's anything we're missing in those flashes or distortions..

So, presumably skimasky wanted Jay and Tim to find that.. what purpose does it serve him/her? I'm sticking with futureJ, although I'm suspicious that we don't see the hands. Perhaps they would give it away somehow?

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

No one's suggesting they keep the same cast! If done right, it could be pretty cool.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Alright, but which famous actor you gonna cast for Skimasky?

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

FutureJay would know PresentJay's password..

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Stottie Kyek posted:

(as does a similar thing in EMH when the real Slendy first shows up and his head shakes around).

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

'Ole Slendy is making a statement with that pinstripe suit

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

That would be pretty cool if you could rig it up kinda like a bunch of mini Wacky-Waving-Inflatable-Tube-Man, to where they're constantly flailing about.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Orunitier posted:

Harsh but true. God, did he make the dumbest decisions.:ughh:

At least this time he brought a flashlight!

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

The Rokstar posted:

slenderman 2: slender cat

I'd watch it

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Does Slendermom count?

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Just an echo chamber at this point, but that loving editing. Wow!

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

Oh and original masky couldn't be Tim he was too fat or something. It was Tim. I hate them. I really hate them.

Man, you must not have been around for the sideburn analysis.

Speaking of, this video had lots of potential hidden messages or SM sightings. Do we leave all the video dissection to Unfiction now?

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Holy poo poo, $29 thousand raised already. I never got around to picking up the second season DVD, so maybe the box set is the best way to go about it..

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

So, I just saw this:

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10294309_762808103740955_2025791139661696206_n.jpg

Apparently the guys made it to Dooby's.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I don't know if it's the copy/paste or what but that article reads like poo poo

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I'm OK with that being the end, but I think there might be an epilogue episode or something from an unrelated party? Like, someone happens upon the tapes (or views the youtubes, lol) and the cycle repeats itself with a different group of people.

e: actually that may be too cliche'... who knows.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I saw this thread had a load of new replies and figured something had gone down, but just now had time to watch it. Decent finale, it was enough to provide closure. Seconding fra's request for a Q&A, those were fun in the past.

It's been a good 5 years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I had no idea your username was Tim Burns Effect, but I love it! How much did you enjoy the sideburn analysis from the original thread?

• Locked thread