Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Cocks Cable posted:

Read today that the Prop 8 Proponents indicated that they will opt for a rehearing by the entire 9th District.
Just a minor note, the 9th circuit is so big it will be a panel of 11 judges chosen at random. So there is a slight chance they may make a change if they get incredibly lucky. Let us not forget though, the 9th is full of liberal activist judges so fat chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Brave New World posted:

Unfortunately, they won't flail around as impotently as we would hope. This will be a moment when certain extreme-right elements would perceive themselves as being truly cornered in an "alien" culture. I would expect to see things like states such as Alabama and Mississippi calling for secession, and not in the quaint little online petition way that they have been here post-election.
Alabama and Mississippi are two of the poorest states in the country, I doubt they would ever seriously consider secession. Even if it did happen, do you really expect me mourn the loss of those two outstanding members of our union?

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Some people say that it's better to do things right the first time, even if it takes a bit longer, than to do it wrong the first time and spend five years in the national spotlight talking about their lawsuits all the time.
When you think about it, it's such a Californian thing to do.

• Locked thread