Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Is the Maryland governor expected to sign this tonight?

Also, what drink would be very traditionally "Maryland"? My circle of friends has a tradition of drinking in celebration of each state as it passes marriage equality, but we're Westerners and never know anything about these East Coast states :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

ChadSexington posted:

You'll never find it outside of Maryland, but National Bohemian Beer, colloquially known as Natty Boh.

Ah yeah I think I did know about Natty Boh from when I had a guy from Baltimore at my work, but not even the giant liquor warehouses here in Colorado carried it and we checked several. Thanks anyhow.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Speaking of people of color supporting Marriage Equality, Colin Powell has announced his support.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

quote:

Washington (CNN)Republican presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee says expecting Christians to accept same-sex marriage is "like asking someone who's Jewish to start serving bacon-wrapped shrimp in their deli."

He also called homosexuality a lifestyle choice, like drinking and swearing.

Holy poo poo this pisses me off as a Jew. Can someone with a Christian upbringing explain to me how they've appropriated OUR loving holy books in order to discriminate against homosexuals, but somehow don't have to keep kosher? What did Jesus say that allowed people to blow off one page of Leviticus while clinging to another? At least it would be internally consistent if he was also defending animal sacrifice as proscribed by Leviticus.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Haha CNN just had to drop to commercial because some due wouldn't stop yelling 'ABOUT loving TIME' in the background of their live shot

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

BossTweed posted:

On CNN: "ABOUT loving TIME, ABOUT loving TIME"

haha then they cut back in from commerical and Ashleigh Banfield wasn't ready for the camera and was ranting about 'profanities'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Litany Unheard posted:

For anyone saying she's "getting paid for not doing anything", keep in mind that her office actually does a lot more than issue marriage licenses.

Still lovely, but she's not shirking her only duty or something.

I'm going to get a job at McDonalds and then get all high and mighty about making sausage McMuffins because pork. If that doesn't fly, why does this?

• Locked thread