Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Do you think that SCOTUS would have upheld the ruling that found DADT unconstitutional?

Do you think a Republican president would have signed the repeal of DADT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I thought DOMA specifically included language saying that it was an exception to the full faith and credit clause.

Is that how the law works? The Constitution applies unless Congress says it doesn't?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
I don't think Bush or Obama did crack. My impression is powdered cocaine is the thing at Harvard.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
So, could that mean the end of DOMA if the Supreme Court upholds the ruling?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Does the documentary cover the most ridiculous "victim" of same sex marriage?

It's not that bad, look at with a heterosexual couple. Doesn't seem that out of place to me.

law posted:

"Yesterday, John got drunk and hit (his spouse) Mary with a baseball bat, breaking Mary's leg, when he learned that Mary was having an affair with Bill. As a result, Mary decided to end her marriage with john in order to live in her house with (children) Philip (and) Charles and Lisa. What are the rights of Mary and John?"

Though I don't know if same sex marriages have all the same custody rights as opposite sex marriages.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Why is one flag much longer than the other?

Genetics.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

^^^
Hopefully Democrats can take the legislature and pass civil unions if the ban passes. There's a decent chance the Nevada case goes well and in ~3 years marriage amendments are overturned in states with civil unions.
Yeah you're not losing a marriage referendum in 2016 after seven years of marriage equality not destroying the state, Presidential election turnout, and four more years of increasing support for marriage.

Luckily the Iowa Constitution is pretty hard to amend, so I think we're safe. Always vigilant though.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Guess he's never seen a male dog humping another male dog.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

Not without taking time to let local boobs have their say.

Local boob has his say

To quote Robin Williams "Y'know, you're in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history."

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
I think referring to a body as "it" is pretty standard.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Chantilly Say posted:

Russian hostage rescue tactics leave something to be desired.

They go on the theory that if you call all the terrorists and most of the hostages, you'd still killed all the terrorists.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Their argument is the acceptance of legal abortion caused a breakdown in society's morals, paving the way for gay marriage. It's a crock, but there it is.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Wojtek posted:

Are there any valid anti-gay arguments that don't fall back on religion?

Other than an appeal to a tradition, no, not really.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Huge huge turn out at Alabama hate rally

The building behind them has two plaques on it. One commemorating it as the first capitol of the Confederacy, the other listing Montgomery as the birth place of the Civil Rights Movement. Seeing these guys and their demonstration is history repeating itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Cythereal posted:

Historically, homosexuality among men was seen as an extension of masculinity in many Western and near-Western cultures, rather than a sign of feminity. :eng101: Women weren't considered worth spending time with except for having kids, and in several Mediterranean cultures especially male homosexuality was considered along the lines of "Women aren't good enough for me, only men can satisfy me" and that was considered a hyper-masculine thing. It still happens quietly today in many Middle Eastern cultures where men and women are heavily discouraged from interacting outside making kids. You breed with your spouse, but actual relationships are reserved for your same gender.

Homosexuality as an identity in the modern Western sense is actually a pretty recent thing.

Basically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnd14nHTtbQ

• Locked thread