Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«158 »
Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

forkbucket posted:

I made a thing!
--snip--

This is super rad! The frame is super nice too.
Also, use whatever you want. As long as you start and finish a fun project and it meets YOUR specs, that's A+ in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Volguus posted:

Oi, sorry about even dreaming of a possible improvement to a project (regardless how cool and perfect it already is). Jesus people.
Why would you want to consume less electricity? So you can run on a battery. Why would you wanna do that? So you can place the box anywhere and not worry about having access to a plug.
You did no work and offered only unfriendly remarks. Are you now surprised youíre being called out for your behavior?

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

evil_bunnY posted:

You did no work and offered only unfriendly remarks. Are you now surprised youíre being called out for your behavior?

Well yes, I am surprised, because in no way I thought that my suggestions were in any way unfriendly, mean, bad, awful or ... whatever else you want to call them. Definitely not my intention, but i probably have a bad way of communicating that. So ... i'll see myself out.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Volguus posted:

Well yes, I am surprised, because in no way I thought that my suggestions were in any way unfriendly, mean, bad, awful or ... whatever else you want to call them. Definitely not my intention, but i probably have a bad way of communicating that. So ... i'll see myself out.

When I read your post the first time, it didn't seem negative at all, just a different way to tweak that project idea.

Beast Pussy
Nov 29, 2006

You are dark inside

Hey Pi thread,
I have a friend who has been asking about a personal weather station, so I want to buy him a what he needs for his birthday. The kits look much pricier than the parts alone, does anyone have any recommendations?
I saw the Sense hat which looks like it does temperature and humidity, but a lot of reviews said that the heat from the pi caused it to not work right, so I'm thinking I'll go with the not hat version.
This is what I was going to base my purchases off of. I'm an idiot who knows nothing about raspberry pi, so I was hoping I could get some advice, or at least some eyes to tell me if this stuff looks good.
Cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Beast Pussy posted:

Hey Pi thread,
I have a friend who has been asking about a personal weather station, so I want to buy him a what he needs for his birthday. The kits look much pricier than the parts alone, does anyone have any recommendations?
I saw the Sense hat which looks like it does temperature and humidity, but a lot of reviews said that the heat from the pi caused it to not work right, so I'm thinking I'll go with the not hat version.
This is what I was going to base my purchases off of. I'm an idiot who knows nothing about raspberry pi, so I was hoping I could get some advice, or at least some eyes to tell me if this stuff looks good.
Cheers.

Some of the fun parts of the project are doing research on what to shop for and then actually shopping for the stuff. Maybe a gift card and a note mentioning itís for the weather station would be better than buying the parts.

«158 »