Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

huhu posted:

What am I missing here? I've got Debian 8.0, and I'm trying to install stuff with .deb, thus far it's Mega and Dropbox. I keep getting "package architecture (i386) does not match system (armhf)". Google isn't really helping. I'm running:
code:
sudo dpkg -i filename.deb"
The package is compiled for a different processor than the one on the Pi. DropBox didn't even bother with an x86_64 package until recently.

You may give this a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

huhu posted:

Thanks for the replies. New question, I have a crontab running a Python script which takes photos and then uploads them to Dropbox. This works just fine. However, the script has a bunch of print functions that work when I run the script regularly, but no CLI is popping up when I run the script on boot. I'm not sure what to Google for.
Add this to the end of the cron entry:
code:
> /path/to/file 2>&1

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

On the Pi, is there a way to control whether a USB port is powered or not? I'd like to use one to turn on/off a device that is just powered by USB. Maybe an Arduino would be better, but I think it'll be easier to do the zwave stuff from a Pi.
I've used this for one client.