Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

According to this video, using the GPIO is just a matter of writing to/reading from sys/class/gpio, and Python wrappers already exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Tiger.Bomb posted:

I imagine getting the GPU to transmit over HDMI is a lot more complicated, but does anyone know of a tutorial that gets it working (not using Linux or another OS). It would be pretty amazing if the GPU rom could speak HDMI/EDID/DDC and we didn't need a super complicated driver to get it up and running.

That tutorial works with the framebuffer, so it should work with HDMI as well.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

Tiger.Bomb posted:

So I can just set the resolution to 1280x720 and it should work? I must have a bug, then.

Cool how the GPU has its own driver and handles all the gritty poo poo for us.

The Screen01 sample worked for me on an HDMI monitor. I'd recommend tinkering with config.txt - in particular hdmi_safe.

overeager overeater fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 8, 2012

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

For those really inclined to play games on their Pi, Minecraft Pi got released today.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

Linode's guide is good.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

No, they won't - the extra USB ports are where the onboard LEDs used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

Pham Nuwen posted:

Anyone know of speech recognition software which is light enough to run on a Pi 3 (512MB of memory)?

Could Vosk work?