Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

Professor of Cats posted:

Hey guys, just wanted to post more updates on my homemade dash for the Teslonda

That looks b-b-badASSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

Stumbled on this while trying to get Chromium Media Edition to play Netflix in TwisterOS:

Pi now has official widevine (Netflix in browser) support:
https://www.linuxuprising.com/2021/03/raspberry-pi-os-gets-official-widevine.html

This worked for me on a fresh install of the latest raspbian or whatever the gently caress they're calling it now.
Edit: If anyone gets Netflix running on their pi with a non-shite vsync please tell me ur secrets

Super Nintendo 64 fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 21, 2021

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

drat I just found out that SATA hats exist for the Pi 4, but they're out of stock everywhere.

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

Chadzok posted:

I clicked this honestly expecting something about sensing nearby cadburys

You just blew my mind

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

I went to buy a soldering kit to attach something to the Pi Zero's pins.
Apparently there's resin-based and non-resin solders? Is this anything I need to pay attention to regarding the Pi?

Also, i3 Manjaro on the Pi 4 is pretty cool. The download for it wasn't available on OSDN, and as I type this I realise I downloaded an image from a random site without verifying its checksum :cheers:

Super Nintendo 64 fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Nintendo 64
Feb 18, 2012

Klyith posted:

Rosin is flux for soldering, and rosin core solder has its own flux. It's convenient if you only do occasional soldering, versus getting a separate thing of flux. OTOH it's less controllable, people who do soldering on the tiny circuit board components IIRC tend to use flux pens for precise application.

OTOH if I wanted to attach something directly to a Pi's GPIO pins, I'd consider getting some little crimping terminal connectors. Which I've just now learned are called "dupont connectors" -- I've never had reason to seek them out, because I have scavenged bits in my bin of leftover PC parts junk.

You don't really need the crimping tool if you're just doing a few of them, some needle nose pliers get the job done.

Thanks for the info! I'm completely new to soldering so I'd never heard of any of this.