Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
I use a pi with a hifiberry digi dac running mpd with my tunes on an external SSD into the pi’s USB3 port. I just mount it as a smb on my MacBook to upload new music onto it, and all control (including volume) is through Rigelian, which is the nicest mpd controller I’ve found for iOS.

Not using a music-led distro also allows me to run a transmission daemon and a Plex server on the Pi, which was my primary motivation for using mpd. It’s also extremely lightweight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
I didn't know whether this was a Raspi question or a Plex question, but I'll start here: I have a Zero W. It is 32bit. I want to run a 64bit thing on it (Plexamp headless). Pi Zero 2 is 64bit but also all Pis are currently manufactured out of unobtanium. So... what's the next best alternative? I've started to look around the single-board stuff — Pis that aren't Pis — but there's so much out there I'm a bit lost.

My ideal would be something similar to the Pi Zero, either with a 40-pin header that'll take the Hifiberry Dac I've got (assuming I can get that to work) or an aux-out that isn't so garbage as the Pi one. It needs to be wireless, as it lives behind a speaker on top of the fridge in my kitchen. Currently I have a satellite install of mpdaemon running on it that points to the db sitting on a 4B that's in the living room (which also runs mpd and outputs to my hifi), which is attached to the storage where the music is. It's fine, I guess, but it's also very, very slow on the kitchen pi and frequently the controller app just loses it. I'm hoping that Plexamp headless will Just Work and I can move all my media over to being Plex-managed.

Any ideas?

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
Raspberry Pi Zero W trouble... ideas welcome.

I have two of the above. Having moved house I am trying to set one of them back up as a PiHole, headless.

I've flashed both an old and now a new SD card with the Raspberry Pi Imager with what it tells me is the latest software compatible with all RPis — Raspberry Pi OS Lite (32-bit), a part of Debian Bookworm with no desktop environment, released 23-12-05. During this process I have entered my desired hostname, user/pass, wifi credentials, and enabled SSH.

I've tried both devices. Both seem to boot (green LED flashes, then eventually holds steady green), but neither will connect to my WiFi. My SSID has a space in it, but nothing I can find would indicate this is a problem. firstboot.sh appears to have everything correct when I inspect it. Since they won't connect to my WiFi they're basically useless.

When I did this before, it worked perfectly, so I'm pretty much at a loss.

Any clues?

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Inept posted:

Try imaging one of them with the 10-10 release and see if that works

https://downloads.raspberrypi.com/raspios_lite_armhf/images/

Thanks—I'll give this a try...

Bad Munki posted:

Aren’t those things 64-bit? I was having general trouble until I put the 64-bit version on there. I think, I may be misremembering.

Pi Zero 2 W is 64-bit; the OG Zero W is 32, according to the raspi site. :(