Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I've got my pi3 not doing anything in particular at the moment, but had an idea to see if I could use it as a synthesizer or to turn say, an arcade stick into a drum pad or midi controller or something similar. Anyone have any suggestions on where to look into software for that sort of thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Thinking about using my old 3 that’s not doing anything as one of those network wide ad destroyer things. Do they mess up video/music streaming or games or hue lights? I don’t want to have to troubleshoot every little thing I use my internet for.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

BrokenGameboy posted:

How good are pi's as a dedicated retroarch machine? Is there any noticeable lag or emulator issues? And what systems do they currently have a hard time emulating?

A lot of people use them but anytime I’ve tried even like snes games are noticeably glitchy or laggy feeling. Might not be an issue for you but I wouldn’t really recommend it as more than a novelty, which is totally fine.