Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

SamDabbers posted:

Oh the Pi 4 can route a full gigabit no problem, as long as you use a USB 3.0 GigE adapter for one of the interfaces. It's only in the router on a stick configuration (LAN & WAN both using the built in port plugged into a managed switch breaking out a separate VLAN for each) that you won't be able to do more than 500Mbps combined. The limitation in that case is the shared single ethernet port, not the Pi CPU.

Also, grats on the gigabit internet connection

I have Xfinity gigabit(ATT symmetrical isn't available in my area :( )

Arris SURFboard SB8200(self-owned and installed)
Unifi dream machine base using their built in IPS
Unifi 8port Poe switch
Unifi flex ap hd(wired)
Unifi beacon hd mesh ap

Dual pihole/unbound in HA configuration.

Have a starlink on order as a HA/load balance.

Gigabit internet Works flawlessly throughout my ~300sqm home.

Only thing I need is to slowly upgrade my ap's to WiFi 6 as it gets rolled out more commonly, and hope att fiber gets moved in this direction soon.

I recommend all of what I have extensively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

wolrah posted:

If you have gigabit it's probably worth spending a couple of bucks to get something actually designed to have multiple network interfaces rather than half-assing something together with USB adapters. Just because it can be done with a Pi doesn't necessarily mean it should be done with a Pi.

If you want some cheap but solid hardware look in to Qotom or Protectli boxes, or if you really want to DIY something from spare parts find an old compact PC with intel networking onboard and slap an additional NIC in it for $20.

100% agreed. "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

namlosh posted:

How’d you do this? Is it one set of statistics or two? How do you keep the gravity updates in sync? Also local host lists...

Mines running on an old laptop as a container and it’s stable, But it burns me up that a single point of failure could bring everything down

There are a TON of guides on Reddit...I'd tell you which one I followed but I honestly can't remember.