Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doublethink
Sep 11, 2001

Umpossible my dear fellow, simply umpossible
have mine as well, using it as a base for a photo booth application, i got gphoto2 compiled and running on it. and started playing with the GPIO pins. Overall very exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublethink
Sep 11, 2001

on a scale from stupid to Paris Hilton, how much of a failure am I setting myself up for by attempting to develop a relatively simple app using Qt for embedded linux and the virtual frame buffer to bypass needing X on the RPI.

Doublethink
Sep 11, 2001

Any other pointers for a C++ Gui API that doesn't require X? Or am I mistaken in thinking that x is. morbidly obese?