Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

You can't even register for the RS Components site with a non-UK address... so I dunno...

Farnell has an 'export' site, that seems alright, no idea what shipping will cost. Actually clicking on the 'Preorder' button just gives an error every time though.

I wish I had a screenshot of the Raspberry Pi guys smuggly bragging how they were 'totally aware' what the load would be like and had it all figured out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

I'm glad I only had to stay up to midnight here, what a waste of time.

Sounds like anyone in the US is just screwed. Even when Farnell's 'export' site finally comes back, who knows what shipping will cost, usually with regular electronics component distributors they really screw you. Guess we'll have to see how much they cost on ebay, (my guess is at least $100), or when the second batch becomes available.

btw, Farnell's US branch (both are owned by element14 or something) is Newark. But it's not on Newark's site.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Twitter is saying Farnell may aleady be sold out, but I can't imagine how that's possible since the site was dead in less than a minute.