Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003
I am looking to add a HAT, but it requires a GPIO Header extender to fit, such as this. How do I figure out the length of the standoff that would fit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

i vomit kittens posted:

So I did end up installing Ubuntu 19.10 on it Saturday night but I've been having a recurring problem with it since I did. About once a day, I'll be unable to SSH into and being unable to access the database/local network service running from it. When I try to SSH in using myname@ubuntu I get an error that the Pi's ECDSA key has changed and because I have strict checking enabled will not be able to connect. Removing the Pi from my known_hosts file stops this error, but then I begin getting a Permission Denied (publickey) error. If I instead try to use myname@the.pi's.ip.address I get an error that the resource is temporarily unavailable. Hard rebooting the Pi fixes this (I have not tried plugging it in to a monitor in this state to see whether it is actually on before I switch the power off and back on).

I don't believe the power is flickering and causing it to shut down, as all the digital clocks in my apartment would also be reset. Can anyone think of an explanation for this other than the Pi powering off?

Could you have two devices fighting for the same IP address?

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

dupersaurus posted:

I've got a new beta version of my feeder cam up, which adds machine learning to do species identification.

It's pretty good...

...but also makes some uh... interesting choices

that's not a great blue heron

Very cool! I have been meaning to play around with this, but haven't found the time.