Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!
Is there a more powerful version of this thing out there/in the works? I'd love to have something that competes with modern top end x86 chips but uses much less power to crunch WCG on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

moron posted:

There's the Hardkernel boards which, whilst not being anywhere close to top end x86 performance, have four cores and some extra RAM to play with, giving you performance in the region of that found in a decent Android smartphone.

No idea if they're any good, though. I've been tempted to grab one to install Ubuntu on, but haven't taken the plunge yet.

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

There is an updated Beaglebone in the works, which I am pretty excited for. Pre-order info here.
Thanks guys, both of those look pretty interesting to me!