Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

Last year I got a large format printer for printing out 11x17 sheet music scores. A friend just asked me how much it would cost to print 300qty 7” record sleeves. He would be supplying the paper. I’m not sure how much to charge for that (or anything really), or where to look up standard rates or how to calculate them. Help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

This might not be right spot, so direct me elsewhere if needed (there aren’t any business threads in Musician’s Lounge, sigh)

I music directed a musical at a college in September/October. Payment was divided into two lump sum checks. Myself and the musicians received our first checks on time. The second was supposed to be mailed the Friday after closing night (two musicians opted to pick theirs up in person). It’s been two weeks and no one’s received their checks. What can I do?

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

readingatwork posted:

It’s a bit early to panic. Did you try calling them and asking what’s up?

Ope, nvm, got mine in the mail yesterday, just hadn’t checked the mail, and a couple others got theirs too

I was concerned because during the show the theatre manager said there were a couple factors often leading to late disbursements

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

Peeches posted:

Any mural artist here?
How do you charge for your work?

Back story:
For a local ma and pa mexican restaurant, I painted a huge mural.... 10ft tall by 25ft long. I told her before I did it it was my first one and we could talk about commission after ( I had doubts) but I blew it away, it was 90 hours at least, but there's no way to know how much longer it took to figure poo poo out. It was really my first painting besides wine and canvas. Yes, I know. she really believed in me.

She paid me 300 prior for a large chalk board mural behind the bar.

Not a mural artist, but there's a mural being voted on in my area (caveat: idk the size, but prolly 15'+ tall by a lot' wide since it's a city project) and it's 40k$. Someone was complaining about the cost in a neighborhood fb group and a buncha people pushed back citing multiple drafts, specialized materials, renting scaffolding, maintenance afterwards, and an hourly rate of 60$ (which is average/low in Chicago for artists in general). I hope that helps a little