Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
I paid a random up-and-coming graphic designer guy on twitter $50 for a logo design and he is taking his sweet rear end time. (First sketches took about 3 days, wasn't a fan, after that he/she said new sketches would be coming soon; its been 8 days since then). Twitter is a particularly annoying format to correspond with people because you can see them retweeting and tweeting all sorts of nonsense all day and night, meanwhile I haven't even received a sketch I'm happy with. I get it; I only paid $50 but honestly I would've paid more if it meant a faster turnaround time. At the end of the day, if I get burned for $50 its not the end of the world, but does anyone have any advice for avoiding this type of situation in the future, or improving my current situation now? I would just ask for a refund but I'm afraid thats just gonna increase my chance of receiving lovely work and no refund.

edit: no contract, etc. so i/they dont have anything to fall back on/be held to in that regard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
I'm not gonna go dredge it up right now, but I think I gave them decent input and pointed to several examples of their work that I liked. Honestly my personal standards for this aren't super high, but that's another story. I agree $50 is ridiculously low. I actually mentioned higher numbers (i.e. a budget range) and they specifically asked me for $50. If paying them $100, or $150 meant that I got closer to an end product within 2 weeks I would've paid it.

tl;dr I would gladly pay more. for people out there who want X to get something done in a decent time, please just ask for X. I have no idea what random up-and-coming designer expects so when dude asked for $50 I wasn't going to spend time arguing.