Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Hey all, hoping I can get some advice.

I recently finished up an 18 page comic book that I’d like to use as a proof-of-concept in a kickstarter campaign to get funding for a larger work. Despite being in the graphic design/print production field for nearly a decade, this is the first time I’m setting out on a true independent venture.

My ideal Kickstarter goal would be to finance production on another issue or two, with the ultimate goal of printing physical copies and taking them to cons and trade shows to build and promote a brand. A couple of questions:

1. Does anybody have a recommendation for what financing amount to shoot for on an initial Kickstarter goal for something like this? I am worried about coming off as greedy or unreasonable in what I ask for.

2. Does anybody have any suggestions for how to go about printing something like this? A recommended printer or company that one of you might have personal experience with? Also any advice on cost would be appreciated as well.

I know this is a bit of a scattershot post, but I’m sort of in a brave new world here, and I’m still trying to figure out what the shape of it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU