Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

TheSpiritFox posted:

While some people do not like the AI in Watch Dogs I think it was done amazingly well. Dudes spot you and relay your position and they close on that position. If you can escape unseen, they will continue to shoot at, grenade, and move in towards your last known position while you duck around the back to kill some dudes. They give you tons of ways both through your items and through interacting with the environment to lead people around by the nose into hazards or proxy mines or whatever else you want to use. It's the first time that I've ever played a stealth game which you could blow up every one of 20 dudes in an area and never actually have them alert to you if you have a good hiding spot or some set up time.

I was impressed by that same behavior in Hitman: Absolution. Although there your method of luring is pretty much limited to "Throw something at where you want a dude to be and hope the one you want takes the bait." Car alarms and radios function similarly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

TheSpiritFox posted:

While some people do not like the AI in Watch Dogs I think it was done amazingly well. Dudes spot you and relay your position and they close on that position. If you can escape unseen, they will continue to shoot at, grenade, and move in towards your last known position while you duck around the back to kill some dudes. They give you tons of ways both through your items and through interacting with the environment to lead people around by the nose into hazards or proxy mines or whatever else you want to use. It's the first time that I've ever played a stealth game which you could blow up every one of 20 dudes in an area and never actually have them alert to you if you have a good hiding spot or some set up time.

I've only had time to put about 30 minutes into that game so far, but that was literally the first loading tip it gave me, advising that enemies will go where they think you are, and you can use that to kill them. People complain that they do that?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No, people complaint that it is 100% possible to shoot an enemy in the head with a pistol, have a friend come to check on him, shoot the friend in the head with a pistol, have HIS friend come to check on him, and it repeats until every single one of them is dead. Things like that are why people complain about the AI because it is demonstrably and objectively bad. They don't complaint about the cool stuff like being able circle around enemies or use objects in the environment to lure them out of the way so you can sneak past. Those are the things people like.

That said, a cool little thing in the game is that the distraction hacking ability is actually context sensitive. You get a text message conversation based off the enemy's profile ranging from "your car was stolen" to "hey, wanna yiff?"

ImpAtom has a new favorite as of 11:16 on Jun 7, 2014

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Thread is gigantic. Someone start a new one, please!

• Locked thread