Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

In Mike Tyson's Punch Out, if you typed in the code 800-422-2602, you'd hear a busy signal. That was Nintendo's customer service number at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

In Road Rash 3, there are a variety of little animated scenes after you finish a race, make a total wreck of your bike or get arrested. In one of ones when you're arrested, you're standing by your bike while the cop's reading your rights and then his police dog comes over and pisses on your leg.

The old California Games let you kill the seagulls in footbag. You got bonus points for doing so.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Super DodgeBall on NES had a few varieties of playing courts that would affect your traction. In Iceland, you'd slide all over the place. In Kenya, it was almost impossible to get a running start for your specialty throw.

And in Kenya, if you took a huge knock and fell into the bushes, it'd noticeably sting you when you got back up to return to the playing field.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The cutscene with Maero finding Jessica's body in the trunk in Saints Row 2 has a nice little detail: the keys that your character tosses Maero has 'J-E-S-S' as part of the keychain.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Another one from Saints Row 2:

My character is in the clothing store at the airport and with nothing else going on, I can clearly hear the airport announcements.

The white zone is for the immediate loading and unloading of passengers...

There's only one voice and it doesn't do anything beyond announcements about the red zone and white zone, but I grinned when I heard that.

• Locked thread