Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How exited are you now?
This poll is closed.
Really excited 76 46.34%
Kind of excited 16 9.76%
Not really excited 6 3.66%
My team sucks, why bother 6 3.66%
My team sucks, this is going to rule 51 31.10%
Which teams will be good, I need to know who to root for 9 5.49%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
I wonder if Loria can afford to buy the St. Louis Arch and move it to Miami to turn into a massive dinger machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

CraigK posted:

Fine. Let me open the drat Ark of the Covenant.

Is the designated hitter coming to a National League park near you?

I hope not. Not because of some annoying purist poo poo, but just because I like the idea of the leagues having a major rule difference which makes interleague games interesting, rather than feeling like just another game..

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

FairGame posted:

Huh. I didn't think Carp would get more than 20 starts this season, but I did think it'd be due to elbow issues.

Make Carpenter become the PA announcer so he can bitch at everyone in the stadium

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

Ganon posted:

Someone with artistic abilities should make these and sell them in sa-mart

For the first time in SAS secret santa history, everyone receives the same present

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

jeffersonlives posted:

David Wright, who previously had a no big deal day to day stiffness in his side, is being flown to New York for reevaluation because it's getting worse and he's unable to deal with the pain.

Mets

They accidentally removed one of his kidneys, calling it now. (Or intentionally removed it to sell on the black market to pay off debt)

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

Jagfire posted:

:allears:

Are there any art galleries that display gifs? Like hang an ipad looping it or something

If not, this could be the first one

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

Mandoira posted:

Jesus what an insane loving franchise. This all seems so.... Fun, for a Loria-owned franchise. It beats the poo poo out of the Scott Stapp song though.

Uggh I forgot about that, thanks jerk

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

Maybe Carpenter and Halladay were cursed by some Amazonian voodoo tribe during their fishing trip

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

FairGame posted:

Hahaha, wasn't 2006 the first year for new Busch? The loving thing's been sitting there for about 6 years now?

Between that and the center they build for the NFL Expansion St. Louis Stallions, that's a lot of wasted money.

Hey at least they managed to make a softball diamond instead of the dirt pit (and it only took the All-Star Game to make that happen!)

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

Pandanaut posted:

So the problems for Chris Carpenter appear to be getting worse. The Cards' medical staff had ruled out nerve related issues a while back but now it appears that isn't the case. Mozeliak is saying the issues that Carp is having are similar to the condition he dealt with in past seasons.

Basically he's boned.

E: Maybe the Cards make a big push for Oswalt now? He wanted to pitch there and all, maybe he'd come back sooner for them.

No need, Jake Westbrook will surely be able to maintain his 0.00 spring ERA and make up for the loss of Carpenter

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

peepoogenderparts posted:

Cardinals medical staff.

Also, Mets' medical staff.

Dr. Nick Stavinoha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Bonds will be dead in his grave and still hitting dingers. And talking to poo poo to pitchers.

And players will start injecting formaldehyde in hopes of gaining his powers