Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How exited are you now?
This poll is closed.
Really excited 76 46.34%
Kind of excited 16 9.76%
Not really excited 6 3.66%
My team sucks, why bother 6 3.66%
My team sucks, this is going to rule 51 31.10%
Which teams will be good, I need to know who to root for 9 5.49%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ryguy005
Sep 5, 2005

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

This is beautiful. Maybe they can have one in space?

Edit: IT HAS ONE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryguy005
Sep 5, 2005
1. Sabathia
2. Hamels
3. Cain
4. Greinke
5. Pineda

I'm going to love 2013. :rms:

Ryguy005
Sep 5, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

They've been planning to send him down for awhile, this is just an excuse. He'll be in the majors by mis-season and will probably stay there, since the Nats have few options

I really don't understand why Harper is on the fast track at the moment. He only OPS .700ish in AA, will he really do that much better at the MLB level?

Ryguy005
Sep 5, 2005

jeffersonlives posted:

At 18 years old.

Yeah but how is he going to fare at 19 years old in the MLB when he couldn't even hit 800 OPS in AA? Is there a rush to bring him up so soon?

Ryguy005
Sep 5, 2005

Mr.Showtime posted:

Do you honestly think that they're going to bring him up if he's OPSing .700 at AAA?

No, I think I read jeffersonlives' comment wrong. I thought he was complaining about him being sent to the minors.

Ryguy005
Sep 5, 2005

jeffersonlives posted:

I think position player superprospects...

What would performing well be?

Ryguy005
Sep 5, 2005

Grozz Nuy posted:

But is he good enough that it's worth starting his service clock at age 19 instead of waiting for him to get better in the minors?

He has a major league deal, so it's already started. I think that is how that type of contract works.

Ryguy005
Sep 5, 2005
I wanted to ask what was the difference between Andrew Brackman's contract and Bryce Harper's? Brackman was granted free agency after 2011 and I wondered what the difference between the two will be?

Edit. Wait I'm an idiot, he had something in his contract granting him free agency.

Ryguy005
Sep 5, 2005

jeffersonlives posted:

Brackman was non-tendered because he sucks, is out of options, and would have been due about a million dollars by the terms of his contract. If Harper ever runs out of options, something has gone horribly wrong.

What is the difference between a Major League contract and a minor league one? With the exception of having to being placed on the 40-man. Why would players push for them if the money is still the same?

Ryguy005
Sep 5, 2005

URL Weaver posted:

"AN ERA OVER 5 YOU SAY???" -- Dan Duquette into cellphone in crowded elevator, 2012

So if he pitches to a 5 ERA he'll be 3rd in the rotation this year. :)

Ryguy005
Sep 5, 2005
Forbes released their MLB evaluations. http://www.forbes.com/mlb-valuations/list/
Guess which team made more money last year? Twins or the Yankees? Also check out the Mets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryguy005
Sep 5, 2005
So if you add the homerun total for Jason Giambi and Bernie Williams it still won't match Bonds' homerun total. Jesus.