Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1491 »
ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

That's some fine pussy

Noice. I mean, I do occasionally drink Belgian ales/lambics. My favorite belgian style ale isn't even brewed in Belgium. So I'm a big phony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biomute
Jun 7, 2005

danbanana posted:

Finding lambic that isn't Boon, Lindemans, or Hanssens in the US is generally pretty hard.

Hanssens is for some reason very rare over here. I've only ever seen the framboos and kriek I think, and I really want to try their gueueze as I hear they're among the most intensely funky and sour lambics.

Biomute
Jun 7, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Noice. I mean, I do occasionally drink Belgian ales/lambics. My favorite belgian style ale isn't even brewed in Belgium. So I'm a big phony.

Is it Allagash White?

No_talent
Jul 29, 2009

So Tilquin sells out in the US on the reg?

It hangs out here for years for the regular and in some cases, months for the others. Even 3F is starting to lose it's luster apparently. 2 weeks ago I was at a couple stores that had dozens of 3F gueuze and kriek in 375s and 750s, tilquin ancienne, quetsche, quetsche namur, and mure in both 375 and 750s just chillin out and very reasonable (<10 USD for 375s and <18USD for 750s). Naturally I bought like 5 of each.

My local store is still working through the Tilquin 15-16 bottles with some 16-17 mixed in at $8 US a pop. The cuvee rene is basically free at $4.51 US a bottle.

But we don't get boon where I am, US 6 packs are 20+ each, and the cheapest macro/AALs are around $48/24 pack. Fair trade I'd say.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000
Hot Damn, I finally bought a custom title!

No_talent posted:

It hangs out here for years for the regular and in some cases, months for the others. Even 3F is starting to lose it's luster apparently. 2 weeks ago I was at a couple stores that had dozens of 3F gueuze and kriek in 375s and 750s, tilquin ancienne, quetsche, quetsche namur, and mure in both 375 and 750s just chillin out and very reasonable (<10 USD for 375s and <18USD for 750s). Naturally I bought like 5 of each.

My local store is still working through the Tilquin 15-16 bottles with some 16-17 mixed in at $8 US a pop. The cuvee rene is basically free at $4.51 US a bottle.

But we don't get boon where I am, US 6 packs are 20+ each, and the cheapest macro/AALs are around $48/24 pack. Fair trade I'd say.

In CA it's kind of spotty. They'll hang out on shelves for a bit and then be gone for a bit. 3F has started to become the "thinking man's Cantillon" so it moves pretty quick and Cantillon flies off the shelves because it's like the third "best ever" beer people learn after Pliny and Westy12 or some poo poo

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I don't know what to put here.

No_talent posted:

I think a fresh batch of 3F just went out about a month ago, my store doesn't normally have any left, but had everything in stock when I was in, presumably a restock in time for the festive season.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Really wanted to join the BIF this year, but I have too many beers in the fridge and I'm pretty sure that I will get stabbed. Look forward to seeing the hauls and how much I missed out.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I wasn't looking, as I've had a tough month and don't have the cash to splash on y'all, but did any UK/Euro goons join in, so I know for future?

Cause trying to ship booze safely to the states is awful.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

OG tilquin is easily the best and someone buying the prunes de namur variant over that is a horrible person.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

That's some fine pussy

Biomute posted:

Is it Allagash White?

North Coast brew Brother Thelonious. Which I just read has a 3.81 rating! Looks like I have garbage taste and I am garbage human.

Biomute
Jun 7, 2005

mehall posted:

I wasn't looking, as I've had a tough month and don't have the cash to splash on y'all, but did any UK/Euro goons join in, so I know for future?

Cause trying to ship booze safely to the states is awful.

I would have, but I figured it was just for the US folks.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

North Coast brew Brother Thelonious. Which I just read has a 3.81 rating! Looks like I have garbage taste and I am garbage human.

It's ok dude we all start somewhere. Never feel bad about what you enjoy and never feel intimidated by what you read online. Also stop giving a poo poo about beer ratings. Seriously.

Be open to trying new beers and styles. Heck, you may find out your favorite drink is something odd and goofy like rye pilsners or dry Spanish ciders.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

So funkybottoms sent me some of the Ardent/Off Color collab!

And like 12 other loving beers that I didn’t ask for so gently caress him. My pregnant wife is not going to be happy when I drink 32 oz of a barrel aged doppelbock tomorrow....

Anyway, If You Please is loving great: light, yeasty, wonderful lemon and gin-spices integration. The easy comparison is Allagash House with some extra stuff going on. This is as good as any OC beer i've had and I've had almost all of them...

Biomute
Jun 7, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

dry Spanish ciders.

lmao at this guy not drinking Basque ciders...

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Biomute posted:

I would have, but I figured it was just for the US folks.

Can maybe try and get a UK one sorted in the new year

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

Guilt is an outmoded concept, the refuge of those who have yet to embrace the fact that their path is the correct one.

We've had real bad luck with international BiF shipping before, 100% failure rate - but setting up a specifically-UK/Euro one might be fun. You could call it a B(rexit)iF!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Biomute posted:

lmao at your two-thousand-and-late rear end not drinking Asturian cider

danbanana posted:

So funkybottoms sent me some of the Ardent/Off Color collab!

And like 12 other loving beers that I didn’t ask for so gently caress him. My pregnant wife is not going to be happy when I drink 32 oz of a barrel aged doppelbock tomorrow....

Anyway, If You Please is loving great: light, yeasty, wonderful lemon and gin-spices integration. The easy comparison is Allagash House with some extra stuff going on. This is as good as any OC beer i've had and I've had almost all of them...

give her some of that doppelbock and she'll cheer right up/pass out; it doesn't taste anywhere close to its actual ABV.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Biomute posted:

it's a joke because I would solely drink those every day if I could.

Well maybe one of these days I'll be able to afford to go back to Spain and make a trip up to asturias again. Maybe. One day.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

That's some fine pussy

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's ok dude we all start somewhere. Never feel bad about what you enjoy and never feel intimidated by what you read online. Also stop giving a poo poo about beer ratings. Seriously.

Be open to trying new beers and styles. Heck, you may find out your favorite drink is something odd and goofy like rye pilsners or dry Spanish ciders.

Haha no worries, I never understood the beer rate thing anyway. I feel like anything above a 3 in a scale of 5 is pretty ok.

I drink pbrs and modelo on the regular! I'm a man of simple taste !

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Modelo negra is the poo poo

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

That's some fine pussy

:modelotime:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poop dood
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Seconding the deliciousness of the Ardent/Off Color collab. Dry and zesty, very surprisingly quenching and slammable for something with juniper and peppercorns. Pounded that crowler like it was nothing. The crowler of BA doppelbock looms threateningly over my Friday night.

«1491 »