Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
Pretty sure that it was in CA. In my mind I can still picture some of the pictures from the article: Younger guys, mid-late 20's, at least one of them was wearing some ridiculous fedora looking hat. Lol, I know that this probably won't narrow it down at all.
The article was a puff-piece and was roundly mocked here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Spanish Manlove posted:

Ohhhhhh I remember this now where it was like some brew setup built complex enough for a chemical engineering RND lab but they made dad beers, and it was all afluenza kids from NorCal.

That's the one I'm thinking of but the fact that google is not giving me the place maybe says something about their success a few years later...

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

danbanana posted:

Wasn't there a Napa-or-something place brewing a lager and charging like $40? They had some insane tech-bro setup or something. I remember reading the puff piece on them here.

That's the guy that also runs Screaming Eagle.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
What Color is Your Fedora?

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
This gem?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdob...sh=12d6ab794e70

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

That's so wildly dumb and offensive it reads like satire even though it's not

loving hilarious that daddy's money x3 couldn't even save them

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"A mutual friend introduced Jacob to us, and when I walked into the bar to meet him I noticed we both wore Lucchese ostrich boots, and we became best buds ever since"

Omg twinsies!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Lol yessss

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021

Yep, thats the one!

Here's some backlash from the same period: https://www.goodbeerhunting.com/sightlines/2017/7/20/dynastic-brewery-just-gets-roasted-barrels-sons-brewery-seems-really-excited-confused

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Waiting for Naturdays to drop again for my white body spring

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Waiting for Naturdays to drop again for my white body spring

Same, but Genesee Ruby Red Kolsch

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mahoning posted:

Same, but Genesee Ruby Red Kolsch

The pineapple one really worked for me, I hope that'll be a thing again.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Guessing since they don't have a working webpage and their social media stuff hasn't been updated in years that they did not wind up producing 4000 barrels a year?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'd like to offer a thread challenge. Friday is the GREAT American tradition of stealing another cultures history and turning it into some drinking holiday. The battle of Puelbla, Mexico aka CINCO DE MAYO aka the day Mexican town held off the French for like 2 hours before the french regrouped and came back and slaughtered the whole town.

Anyways...that means...CERVESA TIME! More and more breweries are making Mexican lagers. Turns out Mexican beer is pretty dang good. So! Show your spirit and grab some local craft Mexican lagers for the weekend! Take a pic. Post a lager.

Not really a challenge, I just wanna see what constitutes "Mexican lager" in the fly over states and east coast.

Bonus points if you know how to make a michilada. Not a bloody Mary (barf) or a bloody Cesar (actually pretty close to a michi)

*editors notes: I am a Hispanic man who likes beer and consumerism ! I will not hesitate to call you a racist ! I'll probably post a picture of my cat in a somberro!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
we brewed our mexican lager yesterday!

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

*editors notes: I am a Hispanic man who likes beer and consumerism ! I will not hesitate to call you a racist ! I'll probably post a picture of my cat in a somberro!

Speaking of racism, just this past weekend, I thought, "hey, that lawsuit against Founder's for being super racist was a while ago. Huh, wonder if things ever got better?"

Well, it didn't take long for me to get that answer! Yup, still super racist and getting sued again!
https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...om/70172989007/

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Yes it was definitely COVID that forced them to shut down the bar.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I'd like to offer a thread challenge. Friday is the GREAT American tradition of stealing another cultures history and turning it into some drinking holiday. The battle of Puelbla, Mexico aka CINCO DE MAYO aka the day Mexican town held off the French for like 2 hours before the french regrouped and came back and slaughtered the whole town.

Anyways...that means...CERVESA TIME! More and more breweries are making Mexican lagers. Turns out Mexican beer is pretty dang good. So! Show your spirit and grab some local craft Mexican lagers for the weekend! Take a pic. Post a lager.

Not really a challenge, I just wanna see what constitutes "Mexican lager" in the fly over states and east coast.

Bonus points if you know how to make a michilada. Not a bloody Mary (barf) or a bloody Cesar (actually pretty close to a michi)

I'll drainpour a bud lite with clamato in your honor

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey those are pretty good

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cervesa! Craft Mexican lagers and 1 dark lager (brewed and called by Alesmith) and a case of Modelos not pictured.

¡Salud!

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"
I didn't get any fancy craft cervezas but I did get some 12 packs of Dos Equis bogo at Publix so that's cool

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Drinking the most Mexican beer I've got:

Thx to nullfunction for this. Unfortunately I don't have any locally made Mexican lagers at the moment but Brew Detroit makes a pretty good one called Cerveza Delray. Doesn't hurt that it comes in 4-packs of 16oz cans and sells for $5.99!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

:eyepop:

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"
Day late but picked up some of these today

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Brawnfire posted:

"A mutual friend introduced Jacob to us, and when I walked into the bar to meet him I noticed we both wore Lucchese ostrich boots, and we became best buds ever since"

Omg twinsies!

$2000 cowboy boots are the absolute perfect microcosm of their brewery

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Hot drat looks like I'm drinking Budweiser this three day weekend

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
You do you

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Been drinking these recently. Reason, cost. Helps I can crack one open any time and not worry about getting into the car later.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Human Tornada posted:

Go Woke, Go On Severe Discount, I guess...

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Human Tornada posted:

If its a mail in rebate then I’ll skip and stick with some Hamm’s, mail in rebate so annoying

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Koirhor posted:

If its a mail in rebate then I’ll skip and stick with some Hamm’s, mail in rebate so annoying

the last "mail in" i bought i took a pic of my receipt and they sent me the money on paypal

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Yeah you can do it on your phone in about 2 minutes. I bought some Narragansett instead though because they were in these sick throwback cans.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Human Tornada posted:

Yeah you can do it on your phone in about 2 minutes. I bought some Narragansett instead though because they were in these sick throwback cans.

Narragansett 12 packs are gonna have a $2 off QR code starting June 1.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I’m gonna be in Portland, LA, and San Diego in a couple weeks. Any must-see breweries / bars?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Toebone posted:

I’m gonna be in Portland, LA, and San Diego in a couple weeks. Any must-see breweries / bars?

You have Wayfinder, Living Haus, and Away Days that I'd hit up in Portland. Cascade Brewing Barrel House is nearby for some sour action as well. Deschutes has a taproom, but it's across the river in the Pearl District, but it's not far from Powell's if that's your thing too.

Someone else will have to help with California.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Toebone posted:

2 of those are some of the best beer cities in the world and have like dozens of world class options

LA is pretty good too but it would depend on what part of town you're in unless you want to drive an hour between each stop

Any more details? What do you like in beer?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

We went to San Diego in 2017. Time flies.

The Stone Brewing World Bistro is very large and impressive and had good food. Lots of $$$ spent there.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Pizza Port would be top of my list of places to go if I make it there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Bottle logic in Anaheim if you like flavoured beers done well.