Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Final Blog Entry posted:

Day late but picked up some of these today

great fuckin beer i'm the #1 barriehaus fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoU
Dec 31, 2008

Jhet posted:

You have Wayfinder, Living Haus, and Away Days that I'd hit up in Portland. Cascade Brewing Barrel House is nearby for some sour action as well. Deschutes has a taproom, but it's across the river in the Pearl District, but it's not far from Powell's if that's your thing too.

Someone else will have to help with California.

seconding Wayfinder.

I recently stayed about a block away from Culmination, pretty good for a little neighborhood brewery

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
I'm going to be spending the better part of June and the first week of July (10th to the 5th) in Berlin, specifically in Pankow area is where me and the family will be staying.

You guys have yet to fail me in the past, from Thailand to Prague, in terms of places to drink, eat, or just generally fun activities or places to go. We're close both an sbahn and ubahn stop and may plan a few day/weekend train trips out of Berlin.

Let me know what you got!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

If there's any Sacramento goons reading...

If you recall, Zack Fraser left Moonraker 3-4 years ago to jointly-open Slice in Lincoln. He recently left Slice to purchase the old Out of Bounds building in Rocklin to start his own brewery called Shred. It looks like they're doing their grand opening this weekend and looks to have a couple cans to go. Seeing what he did with Moonraker and Slice, I'm sure his beer is going to be pretty loving good.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

If there's any Sacramento goons reading...

If you recall, Zack Fraser left Moonraker 3-4 years ago to jointly-open Slice in Lincoln. He recently left Slice to purchase the old Out of Bounds building in Rocklin to start his own brewery called Shred. It looks like they're doing their grand opening this weekend and looks to have a couple cans to go. Seeing what he did with Moonraker and Slice, I'm sure his beer is going to be pretty loving good.

Ok, well that escalated quickly. Slice is suing Shred for allegedly erasing 150 recipes from the computer before he left, having a name too similar to Slice, and I guess taking 40 cans of beer that were earmarked for a beer contest?

Yikesaroo

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

atothesquiz posted:

I'm going to be spending the better part of June and the first week of July (10th to the 5th) in Berlin, specifically in Pankow area is where me and the family will be staying.

You guys have yet to fail me in the past, from Thailand to Prague, in terms of places to drink, eat, or just generally fun activities or places to go. We're close both an sbahn and ubahn stop and may plan a few day/weekend train trips out of Berlin.

Let me know what you got!

Muted Horn but they have a hard-on for American beer and the way American craft hipsters like stuff. Expensive but good.

Lager Lager

Kaschk, which is a Brlo brewery bar

There's a little beer garden called Republic off of Köpernicker Str that had bottles of the best drat Bavarian Helles I'd drunk in my life, but that was pre-pandemic. Still a fun place to hang out on a nice summer afternoon or evening if you're in the neighborhood.

Also: just buy a bottle from a Späti and enjoy walking around with your beer. It's what I miss about Europe a lot having moved away. Doubly so in Berlin where you can get the best lagers in the world for not very much money.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Ok, well that escalated quickly. Slice is suing Shred for allegedly erasing 150 recipes from the computer before he left, having a name too similar to Slice, and I guess taking 40 cans of beer that were earmarked for a beer contest?

Yikesaroo

Is this a case where the brewmaster left the business guy? Those always get super nasty.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yep.

That said, went to the grand opening of Shred and it was hopping. Only had a blonde, sour, a “cold” IPA, WC IPA, and a hazy IPA but it sounds like more were coming. I had the latter 3 and all were really solid. Brought home some cans and downed them while playing Diablo 4. Good stuff.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Got the line cleaning kit for my kegerator, cleaned everything up real nice, and got it back to normal. As I went through several kegs before having to do this, I figured I was good to just put in another without going through all that again after I consumed the last one. Nope. Back to getting tons of head again. Temperature and c02 (freshly refilled before the prior keg) oughta be fine, so I guess its the line?

Had a nice moment the other night messing around with it where I forgot myself and retapped it before putting the spout back on.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
How long are your lines?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Stock lines that came in the Insignia Kegerator. There is a fair bit of hanging slack.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Stock lines are usually only 5'. I swapped mine out with 10' and just coil it on top of the kegs. It provides more line resistance, so it slows down the flow to cut back on the foam a bit. Gotta say, getting a wrench inside a 2+ tap tower to undo the nuts is really loving annoying.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

Stock lines are usually only 5'. I swapped mine out with 10' and just coil it on top of the kegs. It provides more line resistance, so it slows down the flow to cut back on the foam a bit. Gotta say, getting a wrench inside a 2+ tap tower to undo the nuts is really loving annoying.

You need to buy a wrench meant for removing shank nuts and its fine. They're cheap and using an adjustable or box wrench is too bulky.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Josh Wow posted:

You need to buy a wrench meant for removing shank nuts and its fine. They're cheap and using an adjustable or box wrench is too bulky.

Yeah I dremeled one of my regular wrenches so I could slip it in, and it was way too bulky to turn more than like 30 degrees at a time.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Enjoying a can of Three Heads Rye-Dye IPA

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The thing thats driving me nuts is the last keg was perfect. Just that tiny bit of head at the beginning and it was easy to control. Now I'm getting a solid 2-3 seconds of foam before I get any liquid, resulting in a lot of wastage. I took the line off and rinsed it again just then but its the same. My kegerator is going to drive me to drink

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I haven't done this personally, but hooking up a PC fan to blow code air up into the tower helps keep the first 18-24" of beer at the same temperature as down below. I believe they sell tower coolers, but last time I looked they're expensive, and is essentially just a PC fan.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
It’s filthy beer name day.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

That's the French for dandelion, named for the diuretic effects of consuming dandelions.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Where's the sour gash at

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
SN Bigfoot in 2023?

They did create that "its a Barelywine" thing from day one.
Its 9.6%ABV
Its just another IIPA or some poo poo now right.

right?

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Wee posted:

SN Bigfoot in 2023?

Its 9.6%ABV

right?

What.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Wee posted:

SN Bigfoot in 2023?

Its 9.6%ABV

right?

Bigfoot was and continues to be good. The recipe has not changed, it is still a barleywine.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Wee posted:

SN Bigfoot in 2023?

Its 9.6%ABV

right?

The gently caress is your dumb rear end talking about?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
*mostly crickets in this thread for months*

GONNA poo poo ON BIGFOOT AND SEE IF THAT PICKS THINGS UP

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Also, someone should probably change the name of this thread...

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Beer thread: yeah RIP

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I never had Bigfoot so imma poo poo on it too with this guy

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:butt:

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Wee posted:

SN Bigfoot in 2023?

Its 9.6%ABV

right?

I heard they take Torpedo that is out of date, age it even more, and then release it as Bigfoot now. Rumors are we're getting hazy Bigfoot this year from SN doing the same thing with Hazy Little Thing.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I never had Bigfoot so imma poo poo on it too with this guy

it's a pretty good beer as a slow sipper. if you see it in a store grab it and have one on a chill night like while watching a movie or something. Even better if you have it in a tumblr glass like low rent whisky

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That's usually how I drink imp stouts/barleywines now a days. I know that's *how* I was supposed to drink em but lol lmao

25 year old me was slamming Rasputin bombers with a top off of pbrs.

My hangovers were the worst. Who woulda guessed

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Monday night barleywine let's go

Llyr
Mar 24, 2010

Music is the best
I had PBR Hard Tea recently. It was very tasty. Also probably full of sugar.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Can go for a English style barleywine, but they basically no longer exist around me.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Barleywine was my wife's favorite until she had two Rohrbachs during lunch on a hot summer day. I don't think she's had one since.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Radio Nowhere posted:

Can go for a English style barleywine, but they basically no longer exist around me.

My initial reaction to this was "wut?" but then I realized that I probably haven't seen an English BW that wasn't barrel aged in... a long while.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Llyr posted:

I had PBR Hard Tea recently. It was very tasty. Also probably full of sugar.

There is a spiked Arnold Palmer product that uses Arizona tea and tastes exactly like Arizona and is also super delicious but also probably a mega sugar bomb. I love them but they kind of give me a headache cause of that

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

hallo spacedog posted:

There is a spiked Arnold Palmer product that uses Arizona tea and tastes exactly like Arizona and is also super delicious but also probably a mega sugar bomb. I love them but they kind of give me a headache cause of that

A local brewery here in Connecticut teamed up a local soda company to make this and holy poo poo is it good but it’s 320 calories of sugar and booze per can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Aka why I’m glad Russian imperial stouts don’t have calorie counts.