Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

Can't wait for a "pizza and beer" stout where they add a dozen whole pizzas and sixer of PBR to the boil kettle.

Reminds me of a cocktail I saw at a speakeasy in Atlanta. All I remember is it had a PBR base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
um, beer has already had chicken in it, guys

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I hate beer

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Spanish Manlove posted:

lol forgot about that monstrosity. i can't make up any new unholy beer ideas as some dipshit brewery seeking publicity has already done something monumentally more stupid than anything I could ever think up.

It's actually pretty traditional for an adjunct beetus stout. Taste is 99% sugar and alcohol.

I love omnipollo but the dumb poo poo that pops up daily on their Instagram is single handedly making me regret getting into this excuse for alcoholism.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Klaus Kinski posted:

It's actually pretty traditional for an adjunct beetus stout. Taste is 99% sugar and alcohol.

I love omnipollo but the dumb poo poo that pops up daily on their Instagram is single handedly making me regret getting into this excuse for alcoholism.

On an aside, always love going to Omnipollo for their kimchi pizza; looking forward to it when I go to Stockholm next.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
The ISO:FT Beer Fantasy Football league is looking for more participants for it's 5th season. It's a pretty standard fantasy league, but your entrance fee is a shipped box of regionally available beer worth $50+. The winner last year, Mikey Purp got 5 boxes(of which I only found pictures of four), but there are prizes for 2nd, 3rd, highest single game point total, and winner of the loser's bracket

If you're interested, come over to the thread in the SAS forum and let us know. Rules and all the other assorted information is therein:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3864699
(Posters with some trade experience on these here forums are strongly preferred)

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I'm sorry someone had to drink that hop drop

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Furious Lobster posted:

On an aside, always love going to Omnipollo for their kimchi pizza; looking forward to it when I go to Stockholm next.

#12 is great if you haven't tried it

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Yes come join us for fantasy football so when I inevitably lose again I can send you a box of delicious beer.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

very stable genius posted:

I would gladly eat chicken and waffles with habanero maple syrup. But as soon as you dump all those flavors into a beer I am immediately disinterested. I must be crazy.

What, you wouldn't drink a Scottish Ale brewed with MAGA hats called Old Chud...

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
http://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/ct-food-bourbon-county-2018-actual-lineup-20180808-story,amp.html

this year's prop? BOOZY YOOHOO.

also, that's not bramble.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

No BCBS coffee this year is a tragedy

Coffee Barleywine is an unexpected blessing though

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

Captain Duvel posted:

I'm sorry someone had to drink that hop drop

It's funny you say that, I've not had it in years, but it used to be one of the only trade coveted beers from that area. I remember it being good back then. There was a big period of time after BA Blackbeerd/infected ORF where nobody wanted any beer from that band of the South.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

every one of those beers will taste bad

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
https://www.facebook.com/AngryChairBrewing/posts/1950440578329204:0

Woo! Angry chair is now canning. Gotta love the price points on 4x16oz stuff lately.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

dphi posted:

Big rear end Money Stout has pizza and money thrown in, close enough?

...and thankfully tastes like neither, and is pretty great.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Spuckuk posted:

...and thankfully tastes like neither, and is pretty great.

tried it at a bottle share and it was actually really good (even though i wanted to hate it on principle)

i'm pushing for us to make a light lager with meatloaf in the mash and calling it Bat Out of Helles.

got some pretty sweet ideas for artwork, too.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

funkybottoms posted:

tried it at a bottle share and it was actually really good (even though i wanted to hate it on principle)

i'm pushing for us to make a light lager with meatloaf in the mash and calling it Bat Out of Helles.

got some pretty sweet ideas for artwork, too.

Is it just a Polaroid of me throwing up taped to every bottle?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Is it just a Polaroid of me throwing up taped to every bottle?

naw, a bearded slob blasting out of a mash tun on a forklift

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
WUT.

https://twitter.com/beerjesusmovie/status/1027837692200083456

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Hauki
May 11, 2010

guys, europe just like, didn’t know what beer really was

until i parted the seas and brought to them my teachings

Hauki
May 11, 2010

actually, can someone teach me to be up my own rear end to the degree that i can unashamedly pull off poo poo like this and get paid to do it

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

lol

They have a website but I'm still not convinced this is actually real: https://www.beerjesusfilm.com/

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Aug 10, 2018

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

i have a feeling that some Americans started craft breweries in Europe before him. also, there's a beer buyer in DC who calls himself Beer Jesus, so i hope someone gets sued and poo poo gets really ugly. oh, and when he was here on a really busy day like a month or two ago, he got in line same as everyone else, which i appreciated

also, just in case, i'm totally joking about the meatloaf beer

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

funkybottoms posted:

i have a feeling that some Americans started craft breweries in Europe before him. also, there's a beer buyer in DC who calls himself Beer Jesus, so i hope someone gets sued and poo poo gets really ugly. oh, and when he was here on a really busy day like a month or two ago, he got in line same as everyone else, which i appreciated

also, just in case, i'm totally joking about the meatloaf beer

Rip.

It's name was Robert Paulson.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice

that's so weird. my buddy phil is the real beer jesus on all his social media for years and years and is head of sales and marketing at modern times. he used to work at stone and was rocking the whole long beard and hair thing when greg was looking like a clean cut tech bro. greg is such a douche

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Are there any non-poo poo beer places in Ayia Napa? Actually asking for a friend.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Jerome Louis posted:

that's so weird. my buddy phil is the real beer jesus on all his social media for years and years and is head of sales and marketing at modern times. he used to work at stone and was rocking the whole long beard and hair thing when greg was looking like a clean cut tech bro. greg is such a douche

Hey I know that dude in that I was on a tour he did at Stone and saw him at Modem Tones

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Well that Beer Jesus movie's twitter account is gone so :shrug:

but good news, another Koch is being a douche!

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/news/2018/08/08/here-s-what-boston-beers-founder-said-to-trump.html

quote:

KOCH: I mean, Americans — I’m the largest American-owned brewery at 2 percent market share. We were paying 38 percent taxes —

TRUMP: Wow. But you’ve done a great job. Great job.

KOCH: — and competing against people who were paying 20. And now we have a level playing field, and we’re going to kick their rear end.

TRUMP: Yeah. That’s good. We’ve done that. That was a very unfair situation. That’s right. Good job. That’s a really good job. (Applause.)

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

idgi what’s douchey about that?

yuge if true

Jorge Von Bacon
Nov 1, 2010
Had too many beers in Asheville

Highlights were Zebulon, Zillicoah and Homeplace in Burnsville

Zebulon had two Mexicana lagers on that were fantastic - all of their others were great as well and the space is nice and relaxed.

Homeplace had their "Southeast IPA" which used Idaho 7 which gave a really interesting profile - a little less of the tropical fruit that is in every IPA these days

Others we got too were Burial, Wicked Weed / Funkatorium, Green Man, Eluvium, and Sierra Nevada.

Wish we had more time, but between rafting, ziplining, and having an hour drive from Asheville to where we were staying with family, got to try a ton.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Don't know how long you're there for but Fontas scuppadine should be releasing this week and it's their Muscadine sour and it's so good. Better than white angel

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Jorge Von Bacon posted:

Zebulon had two Mexicana lagers

Why?

Am I too loving cynical where I'm already at the point of hating the lager boom?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

danbanana posted:

Why?

Am I too loving cynical where I'm already at the point of hating the lager boom?

"i hated lagers before it was cool again"

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

funkybottoms posted:

"i hated lagers before it was cool again"

I said cynical, not hip.

Jorge Von Bacon
Nov 1, 2010

Captain Duvel posted:

Don't know how long you're there for but Fontas scuppadine should be releasing this week and it's their Muscadine sour and it's so good. Better than white angel

Sadly already left. Fonta was the only place I ddin't get that I wanted to. Will have to go back down at some point.

danbanana posted:

Why?

Sorry, should have specified - one was a dark lager with mole spices, the other was a light lager with "green salsa" spices. They were both really nice- the spice profile working with the base well.

It was nice to have an option for a lager everywhere we went, but a few times you could hardly taste it if you had drank anything else on the menu first

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

danbanana posted:

Why?

I'm mostly just annoyed at the term "Mexican lager" when it can be anything from a Corona clone to a Vienna lager, one of which I'm down for and one I have no interest in. There's also a lot of breweries who are not good at making lagers but are jumping on the bandwagon anyway, much like the haze craze.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

dphi posted:

I'm mostly just annoyed at the term "Mexican lager" when it can be anything from a Corona clone to a Vienna lager

Jorge Von Bacon posted:

one was a dark lager with mole spices, the other was a light lager with "green salsa" spices

Beer ruins everything, including beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

They need name protection on mexican lager like they have on champagne