Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Let me see how many quotes I can scare up.

Necropsy rotation
Professor: "The only way to fail this rotation is to miss a lesion or stab me with a necropsy knife."

Every professor:
"You'll notice this fluid/tissue looks like cottage cheese/tomato soup/pudding/etc."

Surgery
"What is the good thing about this surgery? It's pimpin'. What's bad about this surgery? Pimpin' ain't easy."

Study session
:eng101:"What is the best treatment for this condition?
:confused:"Full dog transplant."

There are sooo many more I can't think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
1. 2 tries. I didn't have enough experience in food animal med the first time.

2. Not sure. They don't release that stuff.

3. I had two interviews. There were no crazy questions like "What vegetable best describes you?". The most interesting one was "If you're going to be treating food animals how can you rationalize slaughtering them later?" My questions generally revolved around ethics and how I communicate with clients.

4. Bacteriologist: "Bacteriology is the most important subject."
Equine lameness lecture: "Equine lameness is the most important subject."
Pathology: "Pathology is the most important subject."
Opthamology: "Opthamology is the most important subject."

In the same vein: "My subject is vital and I'm angry I only have x lectures to teach it. I could go on for days."

5. I wish I had known I had a better chance at wetlabs as an underclassman. Most wetlab emails consist of "Wetlab this Thursday. Priority to upperclassmen/members with the most activity points/people who satisfy me sexually/blargh." So I never signed up for them.

6. My undergrad went perfectly actually. If I did anything I'd use the time better to get more hands on experience to build up my confidence more.

Is it against the rules to say what school we're at?

Travic fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 8, 2012

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Topoisomerase posted:

I hope not because I already mentioned my school. :v:

and so did YourCreation

Ah whoops. I totally missed that somehow.

My brain is currently melting at North Carolina State CVM. I'm actually about to start clinics. Any 4th year survivors have tips for handling it? (In general. Not specifically NCSU)

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
A question for any other Veterinarian goons out there. Do your bosses dictate what CE you can take? I've only been out a few years and I've never heard of this before, but is this a thing now?

My boss requires that I submit a "curriculum" of every class I plan to take so that he can give the Yea or Nay on each class before he will sign off on the trip.

It seems pretty lovely. CE is supposed to be about me learning to be a better vet, filling holes in my knowledge, and picking up skills that interest me. Now he is paying for it so I understand that he doesn't want me goofing off, but seriously? He couches it as "Wanting to take CE that will benefit the practice". Ie make money. But if this is the new way CE is being handled then I guess I'm SOL.

• Locked thread