Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That Reaper thought it could scare her.

They were dead Wong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Repurposing lovely sci-fi taglines is going to make the two day wait a little shorter.

Emily Wong became a reporter to make a difference. She's about to make history.

Henker
May 5, 2009

I feel like Emily Wong tweeting her last moments is actually some sort of meta commentary on how today's society posts loving everything online.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Count Choculitis posted:

I think I love you. :love:

We'll see if that's the case if we play in multiplayer when I keep using the Wong puns!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Whipped this up in her memory.

Goodbye Emily. :(

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Henker posted:

I feel like Emily Wong tweeting her last moments is actually some sort of meta commentary on how today's society posts loving everything online.

It's a meta-commentary on proper seatbelt technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9nPf7w7pDI

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 6, 2012

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

RIP Emily Wong her last name was also the sound effect her tiny ship made as it uselessly ricocheted off the reaper's hull.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

Yes, but see the BOC title has history going back at least a year!

Three. One of the original Mass Effect threads had the same name.

Also, I must do this here and now, on the ground floor.

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH are you guys who went unspoiled in for a treat. If you thought the priiiize was hilarious, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 6, 2012

Ravana
Jan 20, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

fivegears4reverse posted:

She was a pretty lovely Vanguard, didn't even put enough points into it for full shield regen

It is not the layout of a woman's skills that make her great, nor her count of spoken lines, but rather the brightness of her spirit. She rammed a flying car into a metal alien squid god from beyond the galaxy that was tearing down the entire Los Angeles metropolitan area. We can only dream to be half as great.

hobbesmaster posted:

That is why we must have a thread title that both condemns the reaper indoctrinated classical rock band* and acknowledges the glory of Our Lady.

"Blue Oyster Cult was Wong" is perhaps acceptable. But it needs to have Her name. And overall I still stand by the "Wong planet" one.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Just a reminder that this exists, because it's awesome: http://youtubedoubler.com/3nn4

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgBD6FMTLNg

And CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE :black101:

quotedit:

Ze Pollack posted:

Three. One of the original Mass Effect threads had the same name.

Also, I must do this here and now, on the ground floor.

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH are you guys who went unspoiled in for a treat. If you thought the priiiize was hilarious, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

You know, I am just in for the gameplay and Wrex. :allears: Screw the story. :D

dead gay comedy forums fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Mar 6, 2012

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Emily Wong is back in the wrong place at the Wong time!

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Ravana posted:

It is not the layout of a woman's skills that make her great, nor her count of spoken lines, but rather the brightness of her spirit. She rammed a flying car into a metal alien squid god from beyond the galaxy that was tearing down the entire Los Angeles metropolitan area. We can only dream to be half as great.

Honestly, the Reapers were doing us a favor wiping out Los Angeles first. Wong was probably a Lakers fan, which is really just another form of indoctrination. :colbert:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

RIP Emily Wong her last name was also the sound effect her tiny ship made as it uselessly ricocheted off the reaper's hull.

If only she had Piercing Nova. :(

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Bioware can you tell me how pupilless tali is able to see?

love lambeth

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
"We live for the Wong, we die for the Wong."

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Also, let's not forget the most important piece of art ever produced for this series:

To update it for ME3, just add Nova. :D

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
I love this thread title. And it still feels so surreal that the game is out. Been waiting so, so long.

I can't believe they killed Emily Wong over that twitter thing, I was totally expecting that if she died, she would die in game. I seriously, straight up did not see that coming.

Also, I'm excited and anxious and nervous to see what this game does with :liara:. Her and Kaidan/Ashley for that matter - all of them were said to be minor players in ME2 because they had big plans for them in ME3. But god, what does that mean?

Edit - Also I'm gonna mostly be ducking out of this thread until I clear the game, I can't take getting spoiled for it. And it only takes one person to gently caress up their spoiler tags to ruin it. And I have a really bad history of stumbling on those posts.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Does anyone know how to get the AT-12 and the M55? I got the DDE and I have not gotten any unlock codes or anything... are they supposed to email you or is it automatic? Do you find them in the game or just start with them? Anyone know?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Transmetropolitan posted:

Also, let's not forget the most important piece of art ever produced for this series:

To update it for ME3, just add Nova. :D

Needs a entry about Nova and the chargeable melee attack.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Acid Haze posted:

Does anyone know how to get the AT-12 and the M55? I got the DDE and I have not gotten any unlock codes or anything... are they supposed to email you or is it automatic? Do you find them in the game or just start with them? Anyone know?

Try logging into your origin account on the bioware site and checking your 'entitlements' page.

Bad News Panda
Aug 17, 2010

:gaysper:
Kirby says trans rights!

The excitement over this game has actually gotten me to go back and play through ME1 again so I can take a new character through the full thing. I don't think I've been this pumped for a game in years.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Aristobulus posted:

Also, I'm excited and anxious and nervous to see what this game does with :liara:. Her and Kaidan/Ashley for that matter - all of them were said to be minor players in ME2 because they had big plans for them in ME3. But god, what does that mean?

Without saying too much, I'm roughly six hours into the game and both Liara and the Virmire Survivor have been handled really well so far.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Acid Haze posted:

I imagine they email those out after the game is released for realsies. I haven't run into the guns from the regular edition, at least.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Man, it's too bad Bioware won't accidentally give all the pre-release DLC away for free again like they did with 2.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rirse posted:

Needs a entry about Nova and the chargeable melee attack.

Also needs to show best weapons.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Man, it's too bad Bioware won't accidentally give all the pre-release DLC away for free again like they did with 2.

This takes me back.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress me. Two minutes, and Shepard is back!

:f5: AUTHENTICATE drat YOU!

This is me right now.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

So if the soundtrack info is to be believed, Clint Mansell's name is only on two of the tracks and the heavy lifting was done by the four guys who each did the music for ME2's DLC.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

OK, this is it, LET'S ROLL WREX! :black101:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I'm in on PS3 and unsure if I want to buy digital or not. On one hand, I'm an insomniac who is presently sleeping during most daylight hours so even if I go out in the morning to buy it I probably won't seriously play it until I go to bed and wake up.

On the other hand, this game will take up more around 10% of my HDD.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Ash1138 posted:

the heavy lifting was done by the four guys who each did the music for ME2's DLC.

And a lot of ME1 and 2.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Ya never know, XBL hasn't updated yet has it?

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
After a couple of false starts, my origin copy just went live.

NarDmw
Mar 23, 2008
Fun Shoe
I'm not sure what quite happened but it seemed that after playing the first few missions on my imported character, Shepherd went back to level 1 with 3 skill points whereas my squadmates were level 28 or so. Anyone have this issue as well?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

EA's login servers currently pulling an Emily Wong.

You could say she took a

Wong turn.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Unlocked on Origin. See you guys in a week.

e: ugh can't connect to EA servers now. COME ON.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Streaming Mass Effect 3 PC again. I'm already a couple hours in because I was part of the Korean unlock crew. :c00l:

http://www.twitch.tv/gyoruspy

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

No option to open a save file. What folder do I need to create so that they can find my file I made with the save editor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Gyoru posted:

Streaming Mass Effect 3 PC again. I'm already a couple hours in because I was part of the Korean unlock crew. :c00l:

http://www.twitch.tv/gyoruspy

Loaded the stream. Hit right in the face by a Garrus 'calibrations' joke.

• Locked thread