Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Man, it's too bad Bioware won't accidentally give all the pre-release DLC away for free again like they did with 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

1stGear posted:

:siren::siren:THE SHEPARD VI IS ON THE CITADEL:siren::siren:

Yessssss

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Figured this has been answered already, but this thread moves so loving fast who can tell.

Early game sidequest spoiler:

On the Citadel after Palaven, doing the Indoctrinated Hanar sidequest. Just checked security checkpoint on the refugee level for the second time (fourth or fifth terminal, I forget), but now the map isn't updating for where to go next. So... now what?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

incoherent posted:

How do I get my guy to look like this all the time?

Michael Westen, what the gently caress are you doing in space?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

nessin posted:

Also doesn't address that if, as most defenders of Bioware will jump to scream, they were interested in developing content after the game was finalized, why did it have to be a day 1 DLC unimportant character instead of day 180 or 270 significant small expansion pack?

Don't want to defend From Ashes at all (seriously, HOW is this not in the full game?), but their target markets for this DLC would've sold their game/returned it to Gamefly after the day 180/270 mark.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Schubalts posted:

Use the Disciple. If it's good enough for Asari Commandos and Justicars, it's good enough for Shepard.

Personally, I've just been sticking with the good ol' Eviscerator.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Internet Kraken posted:

I think the guy being voiced by Buzz Aldrin was pretty neat, but yeah the kid does a terrible job. What a shock.

He should have spent more time yelling at the moon.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

monoptic posted:

So, basically what I'm getting out of this thread is that I should hold off on picking this up until they give it an actual ending.

What the hell, BioWare. :stare:

Nah, just turn the game off after the last persuade option. Everything after staring out that window NEVER HAPPENED.

Other than that it's a pretty drat solid game.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So I heard pretty much NONE of the Garrus/Tali banter in this video despite bringing him on all the Rannoch missions (apart from Legion's Cyberspace Adventures, of course) and checking the Citadel religiously.

How the hell did I miss this?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
A few pages late but:

Sacrificial Toast posted:

Stop using Reave in multiplayer. Just stop. :( I can't handle that sound anymore.

I was feeling the same way until I had a revelation.
I am a green amphibious species with mentally triggered powers, with the side effect of constantly emitting a annoying, droning tone.

I am literally the Hypnotoad.

Drell Adept for life :c00lbert:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Zedd posted:

No need for tech armor when you play biotic propelled deathball. :black101:

Until a banshee rubberbands you back while you're charging away for an instakill :argh:

Seriously, failed the final mission at least 5 times because of that.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Lloyd Boner posted:

Yeah, for me it was more of a :patriot: (replace with N7 flag) moment than a :smith: moment. Same with Thane.

Yeah, Thane was pretty much at peace with everything, especially considering he was already 6 months past when he expected he would die. Now he got to say goodbye to Shepard, spend some extra time with his son, and go out a proper hero.

Motherfucker went out like a champ :unsmith:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Count Choculitis posted:

Nope, it's for everyone. Instructions on getting Aethyta to show up are in the OP:

Also, I'm pretty sure you CAN'T take the Renegade Interrupt during this converation.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Bolow posted:

The only thing you really miss out on is some hilarious e-mail from Grunt that's typed exactly how you'd picture a Krogan typing it.

Correction: A DRUNK Krogan.
God help us all :stare:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Revenant Threshold posted:

You chose..... poorly.

Is there any kind of uniformity on which guns are the best? Obviously they do different things, but are there any which are especially great or terrible?

Disciple is the best shotgun, period. Do not believe the Graal fanboys!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Lotish posted:

Wrong. Talon is the best shotgun. Pistol Supremacy.

But that would mean not having a scoped Phalanx for sniping Pyros. Truly, an invitation for certain death.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Bolow posted:

One is a shotgun the other shoots giant goddamn spikes and is used to hunt thresher maws.
The choice is simple.

The other is an instant stun on anything without Armor, accurate as hell, and weighs LESS than a Mako.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

messagemode1 posted:

And you should count Liara and the other Asaris since they are referred to as "she", and look basically identical to human females except for hair tentacles and blue skin. Saying that the Asari are mono-gendered and don't have males or females is kind of ridiculous when they are all referred to as "she."

There's even a scene with Liara's "father" where Shepard tries to politely correct her that "On Earth, you would both be considered mothers."

Anthropocentric bag of dicks :jerkbag:

EDIT: drat yous Mentat, caught my edit. I blame autocorrect,

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 19, 2012

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Aristobulus posted:

Remember when hands used to be a single solid square and objects were just impaled into it?

I was playing Minecraft 20 minutes ago, yes.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So I take it that freezing on "Connecting to EA Servers" is a common thing after the patch?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

magimix posted:

For me at least, it didn't kick in right after the patch, but a few hours later, something definitely got all messed up. The patch may be a red herring; wouldn't be the first time the servers went down.

Pay 80 dollars for a game.
Have the servers go down through no fault of your own.
Have your game cut off because all gamers are pirates until proven otherwise.

God bless ya, modern DRM :patriot:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So is the whole patch/DLC issue fixed yet or what?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Well this is just great. I dust off my old unfinished New Game+ run to get ready for the inevitable hypnotic trainwreck that will be the EC DLC, and I run smack into yet another loving bug.

It seems that after hitting level 60, I no longer get credits from turning in sidequests. At all. Ever. I restart the "mission" (docking at the citadel), nothing. I reload the autosave, nothing. I exit out to the Dashboard and restart the entire drat game, nothing.

Now I'll never get that Paladin X :qq:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
God loving dammit I am never going to get Hijacker. I plug away with nothing by my Carnifex and every time it blows up anyway. Any tips/recommended missions for getting this one?

I only have that and the two Insanity achievements left and gently caress if I'm gonna try to get that one and the latter two at the same time :shepicide:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

DrNutt posted:

I've actually had the best luck with using high powered sniper rifles, like the Black Widow. 2-3 shots will takes out the pilot on casual, if you just want to snag the achievement.

And you say this just after I blew my credits on a Paladin. WELP!

Oh well, maybe I'll have enough saved up again by the Cerberus Base. Having it be part of literally the first setpiece of the mission helps.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

HoveringCheesecake posted:

If the stats are similar to MP, the Paladin is essentially a slightly weaker Black Widow. Good for caster classes, pretty "eh" for everyone else, especially if you are worried about cooldowns.

Well I'm playing Vanguard, so I usually pack nothing more than a Disciple and a scoped Carnifex to keep my cooldown at around 200% for ABC. No idea how well it'd work on Insanity, but it's so loving fun that I don't care.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

SubponticatePoster posted:

But Shepard can fly...in the Normandy. :saddowns:

And when he clears a ravine by Charging :black101:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

boneration posted:

Sorry if this has been asked 'n answered a million times, but this is a long thread and I only just got the game.

My galactic readiness on the menu screen is at 70%, because I play multiplayer a fair bit lately. However in game it is still only 50%. What must I do to transfer the MP readiness into the SP game?

Sometimes at the terminal it's listed as 50% accidentally. Just switch over to the map view and back and that should fix it. At least it did for me.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

scary ghost dog posted:

I just pretend Kai Leng is Adam Jenson and he becomes a million times more tolerable.

A perfect cameo opportunity for the Tupari machine, wasted :negative:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Two Finger posted:

Anderson punches out Morpheus, because Keith David is always gonna be way cooler than Laurence Fishburne.

I will hear no disparaging remarks about Cowboy Curtis :clint:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Cheap Vodka posted:

Aria already has a room on the ship. It's called the airlock. :colbert:

Sorry, I'm pretty sure that counts as loving with Aria.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Epi Lepi posted:

Is Kaiden any better? I always nuked him but Ashley is such a waste of space in 3, I'm wondering if maybe I should have kept Kaiden.

Kaiden actually leaves the observation deck once or twice, including playing poker with James and Garrus. Also he has an okay comedy moment if you take him to the Ardat Yakshi Monastery.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Zwabu posted:

Okay I'm new to Mass Effect and just installed ME3. I bought it for single player but see that there is online mode. I just jumped in real quick and made a custom mission were some pubbies jumped in with me and cleared some alien waves, hacked a computer or two and then we got killed by some kind of boss. Seemed pretty cool.

What I was wondering, is there a way a friend and I could play the campaign together, or is this type of mission the only thing? Also can I play against other players or only coop?

It's not a campaign at all. Think of it as a Horde mode with RPG-style progression. Also, it has its own thread.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Not to mention that the head writer of the first game left halfway through the second, leaving the finale solely in the hands of Casey Hudson and Mac Walters (literally, everything after making it to the beam was written by them behind closed doors with zero input from the rest of the staff).

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

fuckpot posted:

Plus I was expecting something really cool from the mission as well. Like, actually becoming a geth or something.

Nothing will ever top "A: Assume Direct Control" from Arrival.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Kurtofan posted:

Will (CHARACTER NAME) be present only after a certain mission?
After completing the adventure portion of the Citadel DLC, you will have the chance to reconnect with old friends. Your friends will only appear once you have completed their content from the main game. For example, you will only be able to meet up with Jack after both completing Grissom Academy and talking to Jack in the bar at Purgatory.

Guess that means no Miranda then, because having Citadel funtimes after the poo poo that goes down on Thessia would be beyond jarring.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Kurtofan posted:

He must have meant Horizon

Though I don't see why that would prevent her from being here, though she died there in my playthrough.

Well yes, it's just that Horizon pretty much happens immediately after Thessia, and in all my replays I've used that as my unofficial point of no return instead of the space station since that's pretty much the point where poo poo gets Too drat Grim for sidequests to really feel worth it.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Rocketeer Korolev posted:

The Citadel DLC is now on Origin and it's 800 BioWare points instead of 1200. Also, it's 3.6 gigabytes in size.

EA finally realizing that PC gamers are less willing to pay full price?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

richardfun posted:

Good to know I'm not the only one who sat staring at his screen, pressing a button 182 times...

Oh god, you really have to? WHAT HAVE I BEGUN?! :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So, how long until Traynor and T'souza :doom: get their own spinoff game?

• Locked thread