Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

CaptainCarrot posted:

Jesus, did Shepard not pay the electric bill or something? Why are all the lights ridiculously dim?

The Normandy was basically stolen from drydock refits at the beginning of ME3. You can see it in it being half finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ignorant Hick posted:

I thought it was the other way around. I could have sworn that shooting those sacks was what spawned swarmers. Seems counter intuitive to make the dangerous bits huge and easy to pop.

There's two types, ones that explode and others that spawn swarmers.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ignorant Hick posted:

Any way to tell which does what or is it just a fun surprise?

I believe the one that spawns swarmers has a black top. They are visually distinct though but I'm not sure if they are ever located near each other. It could very well be that after you start seeing the black ones the exploding ones aren't in new areas.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

The problem is that the pistol people are talking about has a delay before the explosive bullets detonate. The delay is apparently longer than the time you have.

It could be worse: if you don't have less than a single pistol clip, the game doesn't give you more and you probably won't be able to kill her before she reaches you.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Illegal Username posted:

Where the butt is the Volus homeworld? I'm supposed to find a book from there, but there's no such planet as Irune in the galaxy :argh:

You don't get access to it until the midway point through the game.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nifft posted:

What is their explanation for the Rachni being back if you torched them previously? Do they explain it in game?.

You can sort of use the explanation that Cerberus got them from somewhere to experiment on in ME1. It's not like they ran Exogeni or whatever the lab you run through on Noveria is called.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Insanity in ME3 switched back from ME2's level of "Hard, but doable and fun." to ME1 "You will want to kill yourself because of how hard this is."

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sniper Party posted:

I actually died a lot less during insanity ME3 than I did in ME2, and find the combat overall a lot more satisfying, fair, and fun. There are more possibilities for flanking and, while the "one button does everything" thing is still retarded, the movement system feels a lot better to me. Grenades and stuff also force you to move around instead of just sitting behind a single piece of cover for the entire battle.

Are there not magical one shot sniper shots in your games or something because it was depressingly common in mine.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Banjodark posted:

at some point in the future, I need to do all of that in one unspectacular playthrough. To top it all off, I'll romance Allers so it's officially the worst shepard ever.

A Femshep run of this would be even more brutal seeing as how you don't have as many possible LI throughout the series.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

ME3 doesn't do that, I hope.

The only answer I have to this is resounding laughter because it really is exactly what happens.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

I really do hope people aren't soured on the entire ME series. I really would love to see more games set in the universe. First Contact war rts maybe?

The First Contact war killed less than a thousand on both sides; it's incredibly boring.

Re: Citadel
If they actually wanted to close a massive plothole and not just completely gently caress with you on wrecking all the effort you put into the Citadel they could have Shepard and co reversing the Conduit and dumping all the refugees off onto Illos.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Noxville posted:

Did anybody else notice they also modelled pokey nipples on Jack's new design?

To be honest that's sort of expected from a Jack design considering she spent the previous game essentially topless.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ambiguatron posted:

Infiltrator my rear end, Tim wanted a sexbot.

So he's basically the Xizor of the Mass Effect universe?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Amazing Member posted:

After saving the citadel from Sovereign, driving back the Collectors, and ultimately stopping the Reaper threat. I'd have to say the only really big choice I ever screwed up was creating an ugly Shephard.

I shall miss my vaguely asian looking Shepard with a huge eye scar from ME1; the facial import didn't work and so when I got into ME3 I tried remaking him.

I didn't take a look at the eyebrows though so he was one cro-magnon looking dude.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

magimix posted:

There were only a couple of scenarios that felt cheap, and that part of Thessia was one of them.

The fight with the Brutes on Palavan was the same way for me, they were super aggressive so it was a pain in the rear end to attempt to kill them before they got within melee range. Didn't help that I was playing on Insanity either.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

GruntyThrst posted:

I enjoy that they label it ~true love~~~~

You would expect them to have your ME2 love interest that you dumped to be labelled as "occasional gently caress-buddy."

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Haledjian posted:

Is it based on how many conversation trees you complete or something?

Drinks spilt on the Citadel.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Burning Mustache posted:

Because they figured that being limited by reloads and scavenging for ammo is a better way of limiting how much bullets you can shoot than sitting around and twiddling your thumbs while you wait for your gun to cool down, and I'm inclined to agree.

Related, once you figure out how to make your gun essentially able to be fired forever (Really easy once you get Spectre weapon sets), your frame rate would decrease to next to nothing. The game couldn't really handle continuous AR fire and the like, from what I recall.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Shep had a huge change too

It's more a case of "Mass Effect 1's female Shepard has a bad case of scoliosis." and/or "You should probably wear a bra."

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Elysiume posted:

Did they change the way faces are done in ME3? My Shepard looks really different.

Yes, it's also why facial imports don't work at all. You'll notice several characters have had their facial models changed as a result (it's most obvious in the case of Bailey, but Anderson's face has change through each game).

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Elysiume posted:

My facial import worked (it's very similar), but it just looks slightly off while being not in any way I can figure out and fix. I'm just deciding which of the hairstyles I want.

The worst thing about the import function changes is that they've cut a whole bunch of hairstyles as well as cool additions. All I want is my grizzled Shepard with a gigantic eye scar back like I had in ME1.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It's a couple pages back but some of the promotional pre-orders items for Mass Effect 2 were absurdly good. The Blackhole Projector was my go-to heavy weapon for pretty much the entire game because of how long the effect lasted for how little heavy ammo it used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

chaosapiant posted:

I'm glad someone else pointed this out, because my thought of him way back on my first playthrough was, ok, so THIS is Carth and THIS is Canderous. The rest of KOTOR didn't seem to have any comparable characters though, thank good ness. Oh poo poo no, I forgot that Tali was Juhani.

I had to look it up to see if you were right but Juhani is voiced by the same woman who does Jack, actually.

• Locked thread