Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Does my renegade face transfer from ME2? It didn't look like it when I did my import...

edit: what the gently caress it doesn't? it's not red in the first scene. what was the point of my face going red in the 2nd game then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

Schubalts posted:

You can go red in ME3. Paragon/Renegade got overhauled and imports get their scores reset to reflect the change.
I forgot about that. Wasn't it because of some glitch or the game just wasn't able to carry over paragon/renegade points between the 3 games?

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I don't know how anyone is expecting this game to get a bad review. I feel like ME3 is a good game by itself but it feels like a slap in the face the to people who played the first two games and imported their characters each time. Decisions that we made aren't incorporated into the 3rd game and they've toned down elements so people can just start on the 3rd game. I only played for about 2 hours but the talk at the council I kept on waiting for a choice in dialogue to pop up and I got maybe one or two chances. That's it. I haven't played enough to actually form an opinion on the game but I'll love it just because it's Mass Effect. I'm just a little disappointed with what Bioware gave us so far. Still, it could be worse!

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Being Renegade Shepherd loving rules. Augh I love it. My next playthrough as Paragon is going to be boring as hell though I bet.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
These cover controls are killing me. I play Gears 3 like everyday and ME's cover system just seems like a poor knock off of it. It still works I just can't count how many times I can't get off a wall and I get killed by the enemy. That and moving the camera one way moves your character that direction automatically.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
How exactly are you supposed to hijack the giant robot? I heard you're supposed to break open the hatch but how do you do that? I shoot at it and nothing happens and when I get close and try to melee, it doesn't seem to do anything either.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

JaundiceDave posted:

so, this is the biggest renegade thing you can do on tuchanka http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-1FAxiUAoo

who would do this, honestly. i mean come on
I did. I haven't beaten the game yet but Renegade Shepard is cold. I felt so bad after that happened.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

Dominic White posted:

Just beat the game - a little thought on the ending:

Green/Synthesis = It's just kinda a throw-your-hands-up and say 'gently caress everything' ending. Everyone and everything gets turned into mecho-bio-weirdo creatures. Congratulations, you've made a whole new paradigm and effectively become god, whatever that means.

What do you mean by this? I was playing Renegade Shepard through the whole game and at the end I took the right path because I figured that was worst thing I could do. Where does the whole green thing come from? I only saw blue on the left and red on the right.

Also the very last part after the credits holy poo poo. The voice actors and the dialogue were terrible. "When can I go to the stars?" "One day my sweet." Shepard became a pedophile.

DoYouHasaRabbit fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 10, 2012

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

Dominic White posted:

Huh - maybe you don't get that option unless you've made certain decisions? The Citadel explains that there's a third option, to change everything, and presents it as a middle road and results in a green wave rippling across the galaxy.
Oh wow. I guess since I took almost every Renegade option and didn't even touch paragon it gave me 2 paths. Blue on the left, the middle had a big blue beam of light but there wasn't any pathway towards it and the Red on the right.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

You have to have a high EMS level.
With the EMS level wasn't that just going to other planets and scanning for stuff? I thought I did a lot, but apparently not enough, I gained almost everyone's allegiance in the game too.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
One more question, when you start NG+ do your renegade/paragon points reset too?

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

I know everyone is not pleased about the endings but I really hated how Morinth just randomly appears.. It was just like "oh hey remember this character. Did I miss something?
What? I got a few letters from her but I never saw her. When does she show up?

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I just imported my ME3 character and I still have all my paragon/renegade points. Are the paragon/renegade triggers dependent on which side I'm more prone to or are they just specific for each scene? I really don't want to go through my whole game just getting renegade options since I already did it. My guy is 90% Renegade and I'm trying to do a paragon playthrough but I don't want to restart at square one.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

Attention anyone, if you allowed these scenes to take place then you are the worst person. Every single person is better than you. Some species of lizard are also better.
I am the worst person. I replayed ME2 as a full on Renegade and made my whole crew survivie. I didn't think picking every Renengade option would result in me killing Wrex and Mordin. I felt so bad about killing Mordin. That's why I'm going to replay this game in a Paragon playthrough. It was painful doing those bad things.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I'm replaying the game on insanity and wow it's pretty easy so far. All insanity does is make the enemies stronger. All I have to do is stay back and use my sniper rifle. Kind of sad really.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Welp. In case you guys want to know Banshees can somehow see you when you're invisible. I figured that out the hard way.

Also holy poo poo, just got instakilled while I was running. The game actually brought me back 3 feet in front of the Banshee so it could do the killing animation.

DoYouHasaRabbit fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 15, 2012

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Is anything supposed to happen after you drink at the bar? I just end up Aria's couch and nothing happens.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I don't think I'm ever taking Liara on a mission again. I romanced Tali in ME2 and I committed to Liara before going to the dreadnought. So I brought Liara along to see if Tali and them would fight over me or something. Liara dies every other second.

At one point, I had no ammo and there was none around and I was fighting Geth Primes. So I kept on spamming Tali's combat drones, Liara's warp and I was using Carnage. I was getting nowhere so I just put my tactical cloak on and ran through all of them and it cut to the next scene. Thank god.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Does anyone have any suggestions on the last part of attacking the reaper base where all the Geth are? I'm at the last part where you're attacked by like three or four Geth Primes. It's an insanity run and I have James and Tali. The geth primes basically kill them in one hit. Oh and I'm playing as an infiltrator.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
For the Unwavering achievement which is "Finish all multiplayer maps on Gold or all single-player missions on Insanity." Does that mean I need to finish all the Cerberus missions or what? I really don't feel like doing Grunt's mission with the Rachni queen. I hate those things that shoot out missiles. They cut down my shields with one shot.

DoYouHasaRabbit fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 18, 2012

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I ended up using Garrus and James on the Rachni mission. I think I started it early and got killed in 2 hits and said gently caress it and came back later in the game. I have 4928 military strength, 54% readiness rating and 2666 effective military strength. So I basically just need to level up in multiplayer to get the synthetic ending?

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I just recovered a bunch of war assets and on my map it has "Officer Dellk" in the Embassy Offices. I can't find the officer at all. I'm assuming it's a Turian but even when I walk around toe everybody, I'm not seeing a prompt or anything. Anyone know where this guy/girl is?

Nevermind, he was all the way passed the Spectre office in that back hallway.. Didn't even know that was a part of the Embassy Offices.

DoYouHasaRabbit fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 20, 2012

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
So my total military strength is 6536, my readiness rating is 57% and my effective military strength is 3725... I have to get at least 5000 effective military strength in order to get the synthetic ending right? I did this guide where I got all the war assets. I'm guessing certain choices in the game effects your military strength as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
For the Master and Commander achievement which says: "Deliver most of the Galaxy at War assets to the final conflict." What exactly do you need to do to get that? My war assets was like 6k or something and I got a decent amount of the assets. Does effective readiness factor into that at all because I hardly played multiplayer and it cut down my troops to 3k or something like that.

• Locked thread