Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Rirse posted:

I heard your armor (and weapons?) carry over from ME2. Where can I buy these at?

Probably the Citadel or Spectre Requisitions. The Reckoning armor just gets mailed to you, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Does my renegade face transfer from ME2? It didn't look like it when I did my import...

edit: what the gently caress it doesn't? it's not red in the first scene. what was the point of my face going red in the 2nd game then?

You can go red in ME3. Paragon/Renegade got overhauled and imports get their scores reset to reflect the change.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yes, you get a list of careers, then a list of every save for that career. It lists your major choices on the right side of the screen.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Garrus, King of the Bottle Shooters! That scene was awesome. Just put the Mass Effect team in charge, Bioware.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Just had enough drinks to black out and wake up on Aria's couch.

Rirse posted:

So when exactly Kelly shows up on the Citadel? I'm about to do the second mission from the demo, but I heard after that the Citadel gets attacked and Kelly dies if you haven't spoke to her.

She shows up as soon as you can access the Holding Area, refugee housing. Don't be like me and let her stay with the refugees. I didn't want to set her PTSD off on the Normandy and now -negative-

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Regarding a Mass Effect 2 character make sure you talk to Kelly as soon as you can because she saved your fish! :3:

Go to Jack's old room for another surprise.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I'm in the mission where you meet banshees for the first time. It's dark and I can hear them everywhere and I want my mommy

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Lawlicaust posted:

Side quest spoilers (Samara): In 2 Didn't Samara say the only Ardat-Yakshi were extremely rare and the only ones in existence were her three kids? But now there is a monastery full of them?

No, she just said that all three of her daughters are Ardat-Yakshi.

e: ^ I found his dog tags on Benning. I didn't see any option about it at the Spectre Office.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

bengraven posted:

Do we ever see Jack again after her first mission?

Yes, you'll get messages from her, and she'll hang out at Purgatory every so often. We had a dance off and I think she won.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Tell her to put some clothes on at your cabin's terminal.

At this rate, half the galaxy will have a Shepard in their family, one way or another. I have claimed so many firstborn.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The side conversations got me Garrus and James trying to one-up each other's war stories, before finally settling on naming themselves the heroes of the Reaper War. And Garrus and Joker swapping jokes.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Smelly posted:

The question is (Involving characters):Does Tali join your squad again? I assume so, but if she does, then I'm recreating my ME1 squad of Tali and Liara.

You meet up with every party member again.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Smelly posted:

I heard that some don't actually join your squad again. I'd love to have Miranda back if I could. She grew on me in ME2.

She does contact you over the course of the story. I haven't reached the end of her line, so I don't know if she joins or not, yet.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Toast Museum posted:

I am avoiding spoilers and therefore have not read the thread, so I apologize if this has been asked and answered, but if I take the weight limit bonus at level 6 of combat mastery, does that improve my cooldown bonus? e.g. if my loadout put me at the limit before the upgrade and under it after the upgrade.

Yes, raising your weight limit improves your cooldown bonus.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

Of course, all was forgiven after the Kai Leng boss battle. That goddamn Renegade interrupt where Shepard turns around, snaps his sword in half, guts him, then goes "That was for Thane, you son of a bitch" got me all :black101:.

He killed Miranda, too, in my run. Shepard stabbed his kidneys for both of them. :unsmith:

e: ^^ I got the quest without any of the paid DLC in ME2.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Combat Pretzel posted:

I just checked all the other endings on Youtube. Is there no ending where the portals don't explode?

Nope!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Arkitektbmw posted:

Ok this has confused me all to hell. Since when does EDI die? Yes I get that she's based of Reaper CODE but she's not based off their tech. The geth have actually implented Reaper TECH into themselves, that's why they die (although, is this why the normandy crashes? I would think not since it still crashes when she walks out). I haven't fully watched any of the endings and I'm too chicken to actually finish the game with all the endinghate going on here and on the net all together.

The "Destroy" ending isn't just killing the Reapers. It's destroying every AI in the galaxy, along with the Reapers, for some reason. If EDI was just a VI instead of a true AI, she would be spared.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

isk posted:

Ending/DLC companion - Javik does in a couple conversations. He says there was an equivalent of the Geth and Quarians in his time. The AI had been so powerful that the Protheans became the draconian empire that was revealed in ME3 - they figured they had to unite all the advanced organic societies to have a chance to beat the AI. It was working for a time, but the Reapers arrived when the Protheans were starting to win the war against the AI.

Javik's example was more like the Borg, than the Geth. It was a race that had adapted AIs to be integrated with their cybernetic implants. The AIs went crazy, and took over the entire race, modifying each new generation more than the last, until they became more machine than flesh.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Is Horizon the only time Kaidan or Ashley show up in ME2? I'm thinking of making it so Kaidan was the one I saved in ME3.

Yes, they just get a cameo in ME2.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Decius posted:

@Lawlicaust:

Endgame:the Dark Energy had probably the issue that the tech is the reason that Dark Energy builds up, so the savest thing would be bombing every civilization back before they develop FTL, not after. Also, Reapertech would be the major generator of DE, so the whole thing is seriously illogical, even if you assume the DE somehow dissipates in the 50,000 years instead of building up and up.

A solution to Dark Energy being a problem would be destroying the Mass Relays and the Citadel, to curb its galaxy-wide use, instead of goading the galactic civilizations to use and rely on them.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Because at least then I can make up poo poo to make me happy.

Like so!

All the aliens around earth realize they have a shitload of ships and can go home by putting everyone on a few and using the fuel from the other. It'll be a few years, but eventually they'll all be back home.

The leftover geth who didn't get reaper code are all like "look we never wanted to fight anyway and this Legion dude was chill" so they keep helping the quarians and start building new relays.

Edi kept part of herself in the Normandy systems that was when she was a rogue VI and eventually gets back to being a full AI. Liara still can direct poo poo as the Shadow Broker. Tali remembers she's a loving genius and with Adams and Ken and Gabby they get the ship fixed and head toward Earth. Some of the crew decide to stay and they are assimilated into the locals which leads to the epilogue.

Shepard recovers and is like "I gotta find my space bros" and right when he's ready to go they all show up and then he lives with his/her LI and retires from saving the galaxy.

Adding on.

Everybody (Bakara, Kolyat, Mordin Jr., included) helps Tali (and Garrus if they ended up together) build a sweet mansion on Rannoch. It all ends with a bigass party with a bunch of Geth doing the Robot in front of a statue of Legion.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

FordPRefectLL posted:

I just did the mission to rescue the krogran scouts. Had a little something in my eye when Grunt rushed in to hold the ravagers off because I thought he was going to die but grinned like a madman when he came stumbling up covered in blood.

This game.

Apparently he does die if you didn't do his loyalty mission in ME2.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Ash1138 posted:

Staying loyal to Ashley is a goddamn thankless job. SHUT UP ABOUT CERBERUS ALREADY GODDAMNIT. This is why I run with Garrus and Vega and hang out with them and Liara.

At least she drops it later and admits that she was being dumb about it. And then gets "when did i get on the floor" drunk, later.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Did I completely gently caress up my Liara relationship by Banging Traynor? I didn't mean to, just...I was giving her a scrub down like I give all my crew, and I accidentally gave her the shocker and then it just kind of happaned.. Seriously, don't hit spacebar to bypass dialog :(

You better go apologize or she won't give you a gift later!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Let him start the upload and the persuade options will be in one of the next option sets.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Monday Averted posted:

Wut?

He got blackout drunk and woke up next to Aria on her couch.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

ME2 DLC: Is Arrival on par with Shadow Broker? Or would Overlord be better? I have points lying around.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Liara knows about the ABCs, saying that Vanguard Shep is a near-invincible charging monster.

e: ^ You would be downloading the files that aren't included in the standard edition.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Anonononomous posted:

Quarian question: Did punching the admiral keep me from getting to save the Quarians? I gave Legion the go ahead to upgrade the geth and the Quarians wouldn't stop attacking them. Tali tried telling them to stop but they didn't listen. I hear that I was supposed to get a persuade option on the matter but that never came up.

Did you do everything you could to bring about peace in ME2, and did you complete the other Rannoch missions and save the civilian Admiral?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

Is there a clear point where interacting with James as Femshep becomes a romance? I don't want to betray Kaidan and I'm getting horrible Jacob-esque feelings from early dialogue... :saddowns:

I don't know. My shep kept teasing him about the flirting, but I didn't talk to him much after he got his tattoo.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Anonononomous posted:

I did both missions on Rannoch and I saved the civilian fleet admiral. I don't remember what I did in 2 except that I did not kill the geth. It's my paragon guy, so I probably did whatever the paragon stuff was at Tali's trial.

Oh, and how do you upgrade a gun to 10? Once I get them up to five there stop being options at the upgrade store.

I don't know, then. It should be an option to get the fleet to stand down after Legion starts uploading.

The max is +5 on your first run, New Game+ lets you get +7. +10 might just be for multiplayer.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

Not that I disagree,but in my run-through on Thessia Ash was the one pointing out the Prothean-Asari connection. Granted it wasn't more than a lot of "Those look an awful lot like Protheans" or "Goddes? You mean Prothean, right?" but still/

Your non-Liara partner will always point out the Prothean similarity.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Use the Disciple. If it's good enough for Asari Commandos and Justicars, it's good enough for Shepard.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Vincent Valentine posted:

Buzz Aldrin narrated it as though he was reading a storybook to his grandchildren before their bedtime.

It was really grating, but it's Buzz Aldrin so I found it hard to give a poo poo v:shobon:v

That's basically what he was doing, though.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

monoptic posted:

So, basically what I'm getting out of this thread is that I should hold off on picking this up until they give it an actual ending.

What the hell, BioWare. :stare:

The entire rest of the game is awesome and worth the money.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

You only need 5000+ to get a 5 second extra scene for a single ending. You have enough to get every ending minus that one tiny scene.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The "perfect" ending is an extra 5 seconds tacked onto a single ending.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Ryan-RB posted:

Somehow, I also managed to miss that conversation where Liara offers Shepard a chance to record something about himself for posterity.

You have to invite her up with your intercom. It's on your desk in your quarters. I don't know if you can skip the "call dudes up" events by completing too many missions, though.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Beezle Bug posted:

(Rachni Queen and Wrex on Virmire specifically)

They're dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

There's also that Centurion you find on Mars.

• Locked thread