Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I've been trying to keep myself spoiler free, so I probably missed this if it was talked about: Are there some critical you gotta do poo poo before this point missions like the Collector Ship in ME2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Okay this is gonna make me sound like a moron but, I just got off Earth and this elevator broke down, you have to climb up somehow. How? I found this pile of boxes but I only get 2 jumps up and then my guy gets stuck and refuses to move. What am I doing wrong? :saddowns:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Man this game is giving me hard choices. Do I choose Liara or Tali for my waifu :ohdear:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

This new fuel and reaper evading system sucks a lot. Also how do I know if I found all my little model ships on my spaceship?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

If the scanner detects something just hanging in space, not on a planet its always fuel right?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

So what is the sniper rifle to save for? I noticed a really expensive one on the citadel and I want to focus all my upgrading on one of them so I can save money.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Where in the story does the From Ashes DLC kick in? If I buy it midgame it still activates right?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

So what are the recommended squad mates for each main mission? For instance, I've been taking Garrus along with anything Turian related and Liara with anything Asari related. Any other recommendations for unique content/dialogue?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Spacebump posted:

Did anyone else think the DLC mission kind of sucked compared to the DLC missions from 2? I enjoyed the character but the mission was short and not that memorable. Hopefully we get some longer dlc missions that are more like the ones in 2 at some point. (How long did those missions come out after 2's release?)

The guy you get from it owns a lot though. Being all sarcastic and a huge dick to everyone.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Quick question, what happens if you don't renegade interrupt Gerrel? Dude is a dick but I don't want to screw up my paragon run.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Yeah he is, so that's good. I suspect there won't be many consequences then cause I did the same thing with the Salarians earlier.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sentinel Red posted:

Never really warmed to his Shep but he certainly does a terrific stand in job playing Mordin this time round. Hale excelled in both versions for me, managing both tender and haunted, and vengeful and bitter brilliantly, and deserves every bit of praise she gets.

He was Mordin? I didn't even realize they changed the actor.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Man they actually included Pinnacle Station from that stupid and terrible ME1 DLC.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Are there any good rapid fire sniper rifles (as in, not 1 shot before reloading) besides the Raptor (I think its called that? You pick it up fairly early) I was hoping either the Javelin or the Widow would be better, but the fact that they are one shot makes them useless for insane.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I'm just disappointed the poker table never got used. It was cool though to see people lounge in random areas, just chatting. Makes it feel more alive.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

Is it actually possible to get to level 60 in a playthrough? I imported a pretty comprehensive Shepherd at 30 with nearly everything done in ME1 and 2 (never bought Pinnacle Station but I doubt that means poo poo) and maxed out at 56. I think I did every sidequest as well.

Well I am far from finished (I just did the mission after getting the last squadmate) and I am level 56 so I'd say yeah.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

HenessyHero posted:

Javik, and Protheans in general, are a little more understable when you listen and piece through his conversations. Their cycle seemed to have it rough, most of their ascended species were assholes and generally warhungrier than ours. There was a peaceful species or two around, but those guys were just taken out by other groups more willing to fight. Protheans had to tard wrangle everyone like that together. Even still, our cycle chose the near-genocide of the Rachni and genophage near-genocide of the Krogan to make everyone play nice when presented with similar problems. The Protheans, conversely, just became hard-rear end space Imperialists. Which of the options is 'nicer' would be an interesting debate.

Their Geth uprising variation was on a much larger scale than ours as well (ours is almost a quarian-specific problem, and look at how assholish quarians became after) while their Geth were fantastically evil in comparison to ours if you believe Javik's descriptions. It sounds like the Protheans had to go Imperium of Man to become poo poo Mountain Kings rather than lowly turd burglers.

Even still, if a cynical, pessimistic, renegade-child-soldier Shep were discussing our cycle, he would probably mention things like how his race's first-contact war was started over a glorified space traffic violation, or how the Batarians were a slaver race that were allowed and approved by the council until they threw a hissy fit and threw themselves out, or how his race's military inadvertently produced the most-organized, well-funded, racist and most-successful terrorist group around. None of those would make the galaxy sound very nice
He actually mentions how his era had a Cerberus equivalant too, and how they succeeded there so they were even more hosed. Honestly most of his time seems lovely. You have a dieing race that makes cyborgs of themselves to survive, they get taken over by the robot part while still seeing everything that happens, without controlling it. You have a race that finds enlightenment and eternal happiness through peace, they get blown up. Lots of other races enslave each other, its no wonder he seems so grim.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Grem posted:

Is there any way to get saving that rachni sorta-queen thing not hilariously backfire when it kills all the human engineers on the Crucible?

Yes, but you gotta do the right thing in ME1.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Charlie Mopps posted:

:stare: i have completely missed this.

If only i could be arsed to replay the game. :negative:

The art is fairly low detail man, don't bother. Also skoolmunkee do you mean interacting with them, or one of those authorize things at the spectre terminal? Cause I remember getting one of those for a private who didn't want to fight her brother in Cerberus, I think authorizing also cost me some war assets? Not to sure about that, but it did seem that way

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Count Choculitis posted:

The PTSD asari one absolutely broke my heart, especially when someone figured out that the farm girl she had to kill was Joker's sister. All my tears. :(

Oh dear, and here I am just approving all requests, hoping to do some good. I am ruining lives without even knowing :smith:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

In other sad news:
http://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/1/topic/355/index/9822517/

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Being a Sniper is very useful for stealing an Atlas. Just wait for your guys to shoot the shields out, load up on slow motion + invisibility and fire all you got on the window. Should take it down almost straight away, then next round fire at the guy and he falls out almost every time. Only annoying thing is that you can't board some of the Atlases for some reason, I know the one in the DLC didn't work.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Android Blues posted:

They also used to live in forested areas and their basic unit of organisation was groups of canny biotic (elf magic) hunters. Also they all seem to be beautiful without exception.

I've always thought they just had a subtly hypnotizing aspect, making everyone see them slightly different and look more like their race, just look at the bachelor party in Mass Effect 2! Hell they might be creepy tentacle aliens for all we know.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Ignorant Hick posted:

I thought it was the other way around. I could have sworn that shooting those sacks was what spawned swarmers. Seems counter intuitive to make the dangerous bits huge and easy to pop.

edit: To clarify, making the sacks larger and the thing that spawns swarmers makes sense from a gameplay perspective because it provides a greater challenge to kill a Ravager without hitting its sacks.

Yes and no, the sacs spawn the swarmers but after they die they spawn anyway (sacks explode when they die) so you might as well kill them quicker cause the swarmers will come anyway.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Javik owns but his chin looks weird. Like a pair of balls.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Just a random question, but how many of you don't take the investigate like options on the left side? I notice a lot of you weren't able to do the final boss dialogue option because you missed one, but it feels odd to me that people would intentionally miss easy content. Why don't you click those dialogue options?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

It would be creepy if he had, considering that girl was obviously meant to be way young.

• Locked thread