Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Man, when I saw Kai Leng show up with TIM I was really hoping for some kind of horrific cybernetic clone/testtube evil Shepard that did have all of the control chips Miranda had wanted to put in Shepard during the Lazarus project. An epic mirror match fight based on whatever class you had picked could've been a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't think Kai Leng would have been improved if he was a quarian.

Pretty sure the Asari are space elves; super long lives, most advanced civilization, total disdain for every other race in the galaxy...

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Aristobulus posted:

Really? That's weird. So why does it work perfectly for a MaleShep romancing Liara?

Bioware hates gay people.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Vigilance posted:

I wanted to save both the Geth and Quarians, but even though I did all the things people highlighted in this thread my rep I guess wasn't high enough because the options were greyed out, which sucked. I ended up choosing the Quarians over the Geth. The Quarians are royal assholes and started the whole thing but the Geth did go over to the Reapers willingly after the Quarians attacked. Since I had to pick one of the races to die, that made it a lot easier. Siding with the Reapers is a big no no to me, even if it was done out of self preservation. Still, killing Legion and having him ask does this unit have a soul as he died was the most soul crushing thing. I'm sorry buddy. Next playthrough I'll do you right :(.

You chose wrong, Shepard is more machine than man after ME2. You gotta stick with your own kind in this harsh universe.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Piedmon Sama posted:

The fact that she's been all over the ad campaign for ME3 is just really lol to me because I don't know anyone who's ever saved her. I have a genuine suspicion that most people on their first/main playthrough save Kaidan because he's an officer, a biotic and way more chill.

E: Also, in the interest of fairness, because Ash is the more logical choice to send with Kirrahe's team and it just seems dumb to leave the nuke for her.

No one saves a space racist but another space racist.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Page late, but the sniper showdown with Garrus makes me sad because it looks like they're blasting bottles of alcohol. Such a waste. :smith:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Yeah, Harby has also had the most practice, in addition to being a direct descendant of the squid dudes.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

It helps that they're still a fun game series with decent replayability. I haven't spent anywhere near that much time in the ME universe, but I'd estimate I've put about 500-600 hours in between all three titles. v:shobon:v

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

magimix posted:

wall of text

This is how I've managed to get the hours out of the game I have already, and why I still enjoy it despite the mediocre ending. It just really feels to me like I'm playing through with a different character each time even if a lot of what happens in the overarching plot is somewhat static. There's enough variety in my own Shepard and the companions I have tag along to keep me coming back. :3:

I really wish some of the DLC armor was customizable, or I could use pieces of it that I like with other bits of armor! Mostly just so I can ignore all of those doofy helmets, but also just to be able to repaint some of them.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

ME4 will take place in a previous cycle that was almost identical to the cycle of ME1-ME3, including Humins, Isari, Torians, Silarians, Bitarians, Quirians, Krugan, Gith, Hinar, Elcur, Drull and Valus races. You will follow the story of a Humin commander employed by the M6 Systems Alliance military as he/she learns about and fights against the Reaper threat with a crew of assorted aliens across the galaxy.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

I just can't imagine playing through FNV without ED-E. That little cowboy tune when he spotted enemies. :3:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Seems pretty obvious the next game will involve the kid and/or Buzz Aldrin from the ending! :downs:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Drifter posted:

It wouldn't be *rape* rape. The women would just be in a very vulnerable emotional condition. I'm sure they'd all really come to appreciate you after a while.

You know, like Jack eventually did.

:stare:

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

The Mako just kills the pacing. It's fun for a while but there's not a whole lot of character to the worlds and it takes forever.

Yeah if there had been more signs of life (hell even just visible colonies or signs of life in general) off in the distance of some of the hospitable planets I would've been happier. I mean for sure it made sense that on some planets there would be little more than crashed probes and abandoned research and dig sites, but every non-main plot planet being like that just kinda sucked. It made the worlds feel empty but not in a believable way.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Baron von der Loon posted:

I've been making some progress on my second playthrough with a Renegade Vanguard FemShep this time, romancing Thane and going for the Control ending. So far, I'm about halfway through Mass Effect 2, only need to get Samara and Tali and do their respective loyalty quests. With all the extra content from the DLCs, the game is absolutely massive, and I'm having a great time playing through the series again, it's holding up reasonably well. I've chosen to go through each DLC after a specific plot point(Overlord after Horizon, Shadow Broker after the Collector's ship, Arrival after the suicide mission), and it's nice to have a little side story after each big plot point. It gives the game a serialized TV show-vibe. All in all, it's still an incredible game, likely my favorite in the series.

One thing that I'm really looking forward is to see how well ME3 will hold up with the Extended Ending, Leviathan and Citadel DLC. In my opinion, these three managed to salvage the ending into something on the same level as, say, Lost's and BSG's ending. Not perfect, but it's an ending. I'm planning on weaving the Leviathan content throughout the other content to build up the Intelligence. I'm a bit uncertain on whether I should try to do the Citadel content throughout the playthrough, or just do all that content post-ending as a proper send-off, anyone got any thoughts on that?

Man this just reminded me what a huge god damned jerk Liara is in LotSB when you date Thane.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

I ran into that ME1 Mako damage glitch once on my last playthrough, it was early on though, on Therum. Absolutely no idea what caused it, was just cruising along and hit a bump, started flying and damage started spiking.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

What are you talking about, clearly ME3 was man against man, what with star villain Kai Leng constantly foiling Shepard's attempts! :barf:

Also I'm one of those awful people who likes MEHEM because it makes my replays bearable. The official ending is such a loving downer no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I could never get past how cobbled together the happy ending mod was. Not just the dude mumbling "we have Shepard" into his desk mic but everything is hacked together from recycled Joker lines and old ME2 cutscenes. My favorite bit was Shepard taking Liara's place in the memorial wall scene so he suddenly had a feminine walk. I know Mass Effect isn't mod friendly at all but it was just silly to me and I was surprised how many people were saying it was great.

Why weren't you playing femshep? :psyduck:

• Locked thread