Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capt Happhypants
Mar 16, 2009

Decius posted:

Garrus, Tali, Liara, Kaiden/Ashley. That's it. If they didn't make it through ME 2 (or if you throw Kaiden/Ashley off the Normandy for being shitheads to you) there is no substitute for them. New party members are EDI, Vega, Javik (DLC). All other former party members have cameos as pure NPCs, but Anderson is the only non-permanent party member.

Wait so are you telling me I don't get a chance to get frisky with Miranda again in ME3? That makes me sad in the pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt Happhypants
Mar 16, 2009

Decius posted:

Relationship spoiler You can continue your relationship with her, but she doesn't join you on the ship.

Thanks Decius. At least I know it's an option. My biggest reasons for replays of Mass Effect games... romancing the crap out of every possible female option :)

Capt Happhypants
Mar 16, 2009
I can't currently connect to the EA Server and it won't let me play because it can't confirm my DLC... way to go EA.

Capt Happhypants
Mar 16, 2009
Romance question for anyone who knows:

I chose to try to continue my romance with Miranda in my first playthrough. We apparently got it on at some point but there wasn't a cut scene showing the hot action and I didn't get the Paramour achievement which I believe is only achieved by romancing someone and getting the cut scene to accompany it.

My question:
Does anyone know which options provide a cut scene and thus the Paramour achievement?

Capt Happhypants
Mar 16, 2009

THE PWNER posted:

I finally gave up and bought this game and have been very surprised with how much i'm enjoying it considering that I let the negative press make me hate it from the beginning.

I was really impressed with the citadel compared to ME2, so much to do - I spent like an hour just running around talking to people - until Kasumi's quest bugged out on me (the second terminal just isn't there) and now i'm feeling all spergy and almost want to restart just so I can do things ~perfectly~. Anyone mind spoiling what I lose out on if I don't do that quest or possibly if theres some workaround for this bug?

That quest was annoying for me too because the terminal indicators didn't seem to actually work properly. You can wiki the quest to figure out where you actually need to go, or you can check all the different places in the Citadel and find the actual one that is next to check instead of where the silly game is trying to tell you to go.

Capt Happhypants
Mar 16, 2009

doctor 7 posted:

This always boggles my mind about BioWare.

They have some really progressive and well written characters who are sympathetic, good at their jobs and all around completely accessible to everyone, such as the inclusion of gay characters in ME3.

Then they toss in poo poo like camera angles full of Miranda's rear end, Jack's costume and EDI's vagina valley.

I look at it as complete open mindedness... nothing wrong with introducing gay characters and still appreciating some gratuitous female space spandex at the same time is there? Why does it have to be one or the other but not both?

I mean they do have less attractive people in the story as well so we can't say that they intentionally make every female beautiful... heck look at Ashley in the first two games, looks like a man with a googly eye.

Capt Happhypants
Mar 16, 2009
OK, so I'm quite annoyed at the moment. I've had pretty much no problems with this game (with crashes or bugs or anything) until I'm working on the final few missions.

Now when the cut scene of the Crucible being moved into place after destroying the Reaper on earth happens the screen freezes in the middle of the cut scene. I can hear the sound for a while and the sound doesn't appear to have crashed but the game won't do anything from that point and I have to ctrl+alt+dlt to get out of it and force a close.

Super nice when I was hoping to see the ending tonight (even if everyone seems to think it sucks).

Capt Happhypants
Mar 16, 2009
Ok, while I can't say that the ending is exactly what I expected here are my thoughts:

I would have been fine with the ending being where Shep and Anderson were laying there half dead/dying and toasting to getting it done. I wouldn't even have cared if I didn't get any "explanation" of the Reapers and why they existed. If it had ended there and the Reaper threat was just gone I would have been cool with that.

However:
Even after the somewhat odd ending, I was happy to see some of my best pals in the game survived, but the most redeeming line was possibly the very last one after the credits were done, "Tell me another story about The Shepard." That line right there redeemed a lot for me regardless of what you think of the rest of the ending.

Capt Happhypants
Mar 16, 2009
So I just read a good article about why the ending is bad in so many ways. I tend to be very forgiving of movies, games, and all sorts of media and try to enjoy myself no matter what. I was willing to appreciate whatever ending ME3 gave me, but after reading this (massive spoilers in it so don't read if you don't want to know them) I truly do hope that Bioware will do something to fix it at some point, even if I have to buy a freaking DLC to get a better resolution:

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/

If nothing else it would be nice to get a press release explaining why they decided to butcher the end as badly as they did, even if it is, "We ran out of time and the finance guys said to shoehorn this rubbish in."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt Happhypants
Mar 16, 2009
Ok, reading some of the recent posts made me realize that I play my own sort of "hardcore" mode... I'm sure others will refer to it as "retard mode" because I never gave my squad mates upgraded weapons or armor...

But then I did play as Vanguard so I guess you don't really need a squad anyway.

• Locked thread