Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

WAR FOOT posted:

Please change title to "Blue Oyster Cult was Wong", thanks.

Please change the title to "Looks like you fuckers invaded the Wong planet", thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

kevdude posted:

So I take it this is a spoiler thread? :(

Spoilers from the game will be tagged. Emily Wong died as part of the marketing.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

A second Skyvan has just hit the Citadel.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Repurposing lovely sci-fi taglines is going to make the two day wait a little shorter.

Emily Wong became a reporter to make a difference. She's about to make history.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Henker posted:

I feel like Emily Wong tweeting her last moments is actually some sort of meta commentary on how today's society posts loving everything online.

It's a meta-commentary on proper seatbelt technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9nPf7w7pDI

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 6, 2012

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Acid Haze posted:

Does anyone know how to get the AT-12 and the M55? I got the DDE and I have not gotten any unlock codes or anything... are they supposed to email you or is it automatic? Do you find them in the game or just start with them? Anyone know?

Try logging into your origin account on the bioware site and checking your 'entitlements' page.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Ash1138 posted:

the heavy lifting was done by the four guys who each did the music for ME2's DLC.

And a lot of ME1 and 2.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Gyoru posted:

Streaming Mass Effect 3 PC again. I'm already a couple hours in because I was part of the Korean unlock crew. :c00l:

http://www.twitch.tv/gyoruspy

Loaded the stream. Hit right in the face by a Garrus 'calibrations' joke.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Milky Moor posted:

So, if anyone's thinking of attending the midnight launch in Melbourne at Swanston Street, keep an eye out for me. I'll be in the N7 hoodie with renegade scars all over my face. Shaving my head is still up for debate. It'd be great to see any of you guys there - it's been an epic journey!

Download the club music from Mass Effect 2 and blare it through a boombox while dancing feebly in that Shepard way.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Amish Ninja posted:

I pre-ordered the CE from buy.com but they apparently have it "on back order". I was under the impression that the CE would be in limited supply and not restockable once it's sold out. Does anyone know if CE will continue to available? My order seems questionable so I'm considering canceling it and just getting the standard digital.

I hear a lot of stores are getting some more because of the situation with Game.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Crappy Jack posted:

It's making the rounds on Twitter that we first meet Emily Wong as she's doing a story on dangerous air traffic control situations, and then dies in a dangerous air traffic situation.

Nice.

Her only experience with death is people slamming into the Citadel, so it's not surpising she thinks that humans die 'at ramming speed'.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Fat_Cow posted:

So people are saying this entire game is timed, much like after you got legion. Any truth to this?

Some missions can be failed by not doing them before progressing the story to a certain point, but no, the whole game is not timed.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Fat_Cow posted:

So I can slowly derp around and do every side mission without consequence?

Maybe.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Zilkin posted:

Why is Udina the human councilor in my game? I imported my ME1+2 save and it had Anderson as the councilor

Something something books something something Bioware railroading.

Basically, as I understand it, in one of the terrible books that bridges the games that you shouldn't ever read, Anderson steps down as Councillor.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Eurogamer Review is up

10/10

Is it safe to say that all complaints and fears have been put to rest?

Just for fun, I have to do this:

Same review, same site.

Not quite the same game.

8/10

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Jeff review from Giantbomb is probably a good metric if you're still on the fence, so long as you ignore the score anc actually read the article. He's probably being pretty forgiving to some of it's flaws, as he's one to do for series he likes, as anyone is. But he's got a pretty good head on his shoulders and is pretty reliable if you have similar taste.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

WMain00 posted:

Then again Jeff is the man that gave syndicate 5 stars and thought the single player to it was awesome.

He has some duds occassionally, but pound for pound, Giantbomb in general is a far more reliable source than most other game sites.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Oh, that's a helpful reminder: Spoilering 101; don't just block out your whole sentence/paragraph whatever, because then no one knows what you're spoiling, so leave some kind of indicator of what's being spoilt, thank you and goodnight.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Decius posted:

Most of the time, yes, but they do have some games they obsess over, tending to dismiss anything else available at the same time (Skyrim, Saints Row 3). Also, they tend to be too forgiving to games of their friends (but the same is true for Eurogamer and games made in UK).

Absolutely, they are still primarily personalities, I think, and they're not magically better, more critical, or detached reviewers. They're just a better metric by which to judge and usually, an interesting, if not particularly deep, point of view to glimpse through.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Charlie Mopps posted:

I have to thank whoever posted that very good looking face + code in the previous thread, made a few tweaks and my Femshep looks awesome now. :c00l:

A thousand percent sure this was the Count Choculitis face that I'm stealing as well if my Shepard's face doesn't import right.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Lucifa posted:

Link? Or just the code?

741.E6G.P97.F86.FDD.A4L.IN7.171.C96.BI1.6G4.177

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

paint dry posted:

They changed the default appearance of female Shepard, right? What happens if you import your own default female Shepard from the last game? I always go with default for male or female, because anything else looks "off."

The default Female Shepard from the last game is one of the presets, I'm pretty sure.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

paint dry posted:

Oh well, that's fine.

I believe it's the first one.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Harlock posted:

Playing multiplayer is a contributing factor to your ending, yes.

It contributes, certainly, it is not, however, a deciding factor.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Smelly posted:

Good, I was getting upset. :(

What's the point of the decay (or even the value itself) if you can still get the ending without it?

I guess it just helps?

It makes it much easier.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

bear is driving! posted:

Is Wrex dead if you start a new ME3 game without importing saves? If so I'll go through the trouble of converting one from PC to xbox.

Yes, of course.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Mice Everywhere posted:

For fucks sake

That was intentional, that second image was used to promote the airing of an exclusive trailer that showed during 'The Walking Dead'.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Mice Everywhere posted:

Oh thank god, given the other things popping up I wouldn't have been surprised.

Yeah, it was definitely intentional, when the trailer was announced those two images were even shown side by side.

It's a bit wierd they gave that specific image to gamestop to advertise their deal, but y'know, maybe they didn't have a hand in it and Gamestop just chose something striking.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Popular Human posted:

It wouldn't even be an issue to me if default Shepard's choices weren't so goddamn terrible. No loyalty missions completed, no Grunt, no LEGION!? Why is the default Shepard someone who only played half of ME2?

Because it's designed to make it easier for new players to get into.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

ryan8723 posted:

It's loving hilarious because Bioware totally missed the point on their own drat character. Where the hell was that photo taken? We all know that she can't go without her suit for any length of time without getting horrible allergies, so how could she have taken a picture that was on some planet in clothes that were obviously no her suit?

As I understand it was taken on Rannoch, the Quarian homeworld.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Walked away from the Australian midnight release with my Collector's Edition and a copy of Saint's Row: The Third, along with a second, regular copy of Mass Effect 3 that I won in a trivia contest and a Nerf shoot-out.

It's me, I'm the biggest nerd.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Doesn't seem like I got a code for the Argus, however. Shame.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Levantine posted:

Just so I'm clear, my import did not carry my ME2 weapons over, right? I was under the impression they were supposed to but I don't have them in my armory.

No, it doesn't carry over your weapons.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

It I take my maleshep into ME3 can I change him into a female?

No.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

epenthesis posted:

I don't see a problem either. It's nothing out of line with anything the series has already established.

You're right, there's a lot of lovely, stupid sexist stuff in the Mass Effect series already. I'm not sure how that makes it okay, though.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Alright, gently caress's up with the Hanar diplomat quest. Map points me to one spot, but there's no interactive terminal there so I can't even really begin the quest. Stuck right after talking to Jondam Bau.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

fivegears4reverse posted:

Did you go to the Spectre Requisitions office? You have to 'activate' the tracking for those terminals to show up as clickable.

I did.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

fivegears4reverse posted:

IIRC, the first is in the Citadel Embassies, near the volus Diplomat who offers another sidequest, the second and third terminals are in the Docks, and you needto go back to the second terminal before you return to the embassies to wrap things up.

It is possible the waypoints are just proper hosed. There were some funny bugs I noticed with things being called out even after I clicked on them.

I dunno what else to tell you :(

Nope. Checked all around that Volus Diplomat, I've even beaten his quest in the meantime. Whelp. Quest's hosed, I guess.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Haha, nice to see that for the diplomatic meeting, you get automatically put into the Admiral uniform so that I'm not slumming it in my hoodie for this important meeting. Nice touch.

Also, I like how that meeting is basically just Shepard, Wrex and Victus brow-beating the Dalatrass over her loving stupidity.

EDIT: Victus really owns, is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

AlternateAccount posted:

Is there anything I could have done to save Kelly? I had spoken to them a few times but welp :\

A) You're poo poo at spoiler tags.

B) Yes. Yes, you could've saved her.

• Locked thread