Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Like 50 million years after everyone else, but, uh. EDI. :stare:

Who comes up with this poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

deathsuxdontdie posted:

She wouldn't have been so bad if she didn't have gigantic tits that you can only cover up with Miranda's skin tight black catsuit from ME2. Her actual plot line is pretty well done, with her becoming more and more like a human/sentient living thing rather than a generic AI thing. It makes sense to put her in a more humanoid body for people to identify with her more. If she were just a glowing ball the entire time it'd be less convincing.
Yeah, I think its doubly so after the make over that Ashley got, it feels like Bioware has decided to sex the game up for no real reason. I preferred her old character model to the new one. This has probably all been said before mind.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Why is the poker table never used, why? Bioware?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It has to be said, this game looks and sounds fantastic. I just did the Genophage Cure and the lighting effects are incredible, the sound engine for the fog horns the Reapers use sound amazing with a surround sound system too, nearly blew out my eardrums. Mordin went out like a champ.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

richardfun posted:

solo'ing the reaper on Rannoch,
Apart from the big gently caress off fleet volleying him, yeah.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That Mordin link up above I MADE A MISTAKE!. Hit me like a hammer then, good voice acting there Christ almighty.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sentinel is generally the best, need that Tech Armour!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The real question is how did Shepard not get volleyed by the Quarian fleet on Rannoch, bullshit are they that accurate.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

HoveringCheesecake posted:

Has BioWare talked about any kind of patch for the game? I didn't play ME2 right at the release so I'm not sure how they handled any launch issues. Just dump out fixes with the first DLC? poo poo just seems like it isn't polished.
I never had any issues with ME2 on launch that I can recall, 3 just seems to be missing the polish.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

So what do Goons think of the sound effects in this game? I think my favourite is the fog horns the Reapers use, nearly blew out my eardrums I had it so loud last time I played.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Noxville posted:

Yeah the Reaper noises are awesome. You expect good sound in ME3 though since EA apparently called in DICE to do some of it.
No surprise then if they brought DICE in for it, the entire sound range (VA/FX/Score) is great in Mass Effect, pulls it together nicely for me.

Phylodox posted:

Ever since Terminator: Salvation insisted on punctuating just about every single action scene with noises like that I can't stop thinking of those generic mechanical noises as robot farts.
All I can think of is the Tripods in War of the Worlds, vvvrrrBLORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrr.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

NihilCredo posted:

My favourite in-Normandy chats were all the references to Garrus' love of calibrations (at least three). Might have been fanservicey as hell but I chuckled every time.

Asking them to join you is optional. During that dialogue you can instead make them go report to Hackett and they become just another War Asset.
This is what did, telling Ashleyt to gently caress off to Hacket was pretty satisfying, get off my ship you useless cow.

Ambiguatron posted:

Javik is one of the best things in the game. They took a huge risk with making him a giant rear end in a top hat in the beginning that people might elect not to talk to anymore, but he's very smoothly integrated into the game and his character arc completely pays off his early behavior.
He's my favourite of the new characters, his VA is just perfect.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

NihilCredo posted:

Well jeez, tough competition there :mmmhmm:
That is true, to be honest he shines so much for me because I find Liara a bit dull, Garrus is a legend in the making, Tali is awesome, EDI can go launch herself out of the airlock, Ashley can gently caress off and that leaves Vega? He's a cool guy at least.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

You misspelled "benchwarmer."
I've never taken him on an away mission, in my mind hes the fitness instructor on the Normandy.

precision posted:

You like Tali and hate EDI? Is it Opposite Day? Sexbot body aside, EDI is fantastic.

Also Ashley is really cool in this one. :colbert:
Ashey was useless in ME1, and bringing her in and sexing her up hasn't done her any favours, the character is still poo poo. EDI I don't mind but the body thing is just dumb, character is decent though.

Just completed the game too, I picked the Synthesis ending, as it seemed most fitting for my main Shepard playthrough, got to be said though, the choices in general aren't an easy one. I just couldn't stand blowing up the Geth, and controlling the space robot lobsters didn't really make sense. I don't think the ending was as bad as some people think, but it's very very lackluster and doesn't really bring the series to an actual close.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

E: Wrong thread! :downs:

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 22, 2012

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The only use for Ashley is telling her to gently caress off to Hackett, never have to worry about looking at her ever again, I'd have gladly abandoned her at the hospital.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Harvesters were less of a threat than Marauders or even Cannibals, but then again the sniper rifles instant kill the Harvesters so no biggie.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I don't remember that bit for my playthrough but Infiltrator has the handy get out of jail cloak card, either way that sounds really lovely to be stuck in.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Fenrir posted:

Does it count if I just completely forgot she was there for the rest of the game?
This happened to me until I was exploring the ship quite a few missions later and thought "who the hell is this? how did she get on my ship?".

That's what I get for rapidly skipping my way through lovely conversations!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'd forgotten about that part, I think I was still asking myself "Wait, what just happened?" a whole bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cbouncerrun posted:

No...Destroy is pretty clearly stated to destroy all synthetic life. Including the Geth and EDI. And it doesn't solve the problem of synthetic life eventually killing all organic life.
Can't they just rebuild synthetic life sraight after? Jeffs cameltoe girlfriend isn't a huge loss for wiping out the robo space lobsters.

E: Although, what does it mean by synthetics? AI or robotics in general?

• Locked thread