Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

oh god, 1:30 AM, 30 min to go :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgBD6FMTLNg

And CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE :black101:

quotedit:

Ze Pollack posted:

Three. One of the original Mass Effect threads had the same name.

Also, I must do this here and now, on the ground floor.

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH are you guys who went unspoiled in for a treat. If you thought the priiiize was hilarious, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

You know, I am just in for the gameplay and Wrex. :allears: Screw the story. :D

dead gay comedy forums fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Mar 6, 2012

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Also, let's not forget the most important piece of art ever produced for this series:

To update it for ME3, just add Nova. :D

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

OK, this is it, LET'S ROLL WREX! :black101:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Hey guys, so now that I am close to finishing my NG+ with a vanguard, I am considering trying a Soldier because I never managed to finish a playthrough in ME2 with that class and I am also looking to revive the glory days of ME1 tanking against thresher maws :3:

So, my question is, has anyone tried a "tanky" build for a soldier in ME3? :D

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Holy crap, the MP soldiers and soldier-Shep are like, a galaxy apart in terms of power. It is not ME1 level of "ha ha I kill thresher maws with my bare hands" but it's drat nice to shoot a river of lead and shrug off punishment (some at least) for a while. :)

Will be testing the Adept soon. Space witch femshep is always a favourite. :3:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Modding question: can I give unique powers (Charge, Adrenaline Rush) to other classes? I have been trying to do this with Gibbed's for a goof-around playthrough in which a Vanguard will have A-Rush, just for the hell of it. So far, I tried changing manually the power names in the save, but didn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

My Q-Face posted:

Goddammit, they've gone and spent their entire budget licensing a Johnny Cash song. This is going to be Oblivion all over again, isn't it? That was fun "Oh, they've got Patrick mother-loving Stewart to play the emperor, this is going to be AWESOME!"

gently caress me. Johnny Cash made that trailer 200% better and it is the Only Actual Good poo poo so far. But then again Cash makes anything badass so

And perhaps finally this thread may have some peace with lots of speculation for a different game :v:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Well, this new concept is nice I think

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Bioware is doing a retcon while not doing a retcon posted:

While we aren’t ready to go into too many details just yet, as you saw in the trailer and can tell by the name, this game is very much a new adventure, taking place far away from and long after the events of the original trilogy.

http://blog.bioware.com/2015/06/15/introducing-mass-effect-andromeda/

"long after" and "far away from" is pretty much "ok best to start again elsewhere" while moving as quickly as possible from the events of 3.

It may end up with lots of "well that milky way place sure ended up like something heh" *wink wink nudge nudge* like Dragon Age: Inquisition but, what the hell, I can work with that

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Rinkles posted:

gently caress motherfucking reapers

Emptyquoting this forever. This new game doesn't need any loving reapers please

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Beefstew posted:

Mass Effect 4 is going to be a space western where you explore weird alien worlds and punch people. It's literally everything we liked about Mass Effect 2. Get hype.

This.

Also: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/06/ars-sits-down-with-with-bioware-to-talk-about-mass-effect-andromeda

re: N7 stuff, make it just a religious symbol of a great omnisexual demigod of war from ancient human legend and it's all cool

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I didn't read anything about Andromeda still, but yes, going both ways seems pretty fucktarded. I thought the game would be a while after the initial exploration phase and you are still part of a pioneer culture exploring stuff and getting to know where the hell exactly you are.

But of course I should expect endless funnies about turians calibrating their guns

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Trast posted:

they were corrupted by Reapers

I am playing Legacy of the Void right now and gently caress this lazy guddamn corruption poo poo

Bioware probably won't do much better given the recent track record (e.g. Corypheus) but at least throw something different in the mix.

YOU GUYS CAN DO IT

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Milky Moor posted:

even now it still amazes me that bioware couldn't manage to land the ending to the biggest video game rpg trilogy ever

all they had to do was have Shepard beat the reapers and have a bad end where you don't and a bit of variety in between

and they just absolutely crashed into the ground in the last ten minutes and burst into tri-color flames

Avatar title and post combo: 8.5/10

Also, after all these years, ME3's ending being still discussed just shows how much of an achievement making it that bad was.

Starcraft II, however, is almost quite there.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Oh look, 300 new posts, maybe there is new info about Andromeda

Welp.

If Dragon Age Inquisition is any indication, I doubt there will be much difference in regards to storyline quality to nu-Effect (is that the nickname for ME:A?). It will be better than ME3, probably. However, Bioware seems too stuck in their type of storytelling and I doubt that will raise the bar (even if it is *their* bar).

Playing Witcher 3 currently and holy gently caress, if Bioware and Bethesda are their main competition in that department, the Poles are beating the crap out of them currently.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Theodicy (n) the study of why, since Mass Effect owns, it contains Kai Leng.

Irenaerian point of view: dealing with suffering and evil allows us to transcend and achieve a greater good

this is proven by kai leng eating it like a chump when you own him with vanguard charge

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

The Mass Effect series is an extended metaphor for one's reluctance to accept the responsibilities of parenthood. Shepard becomes impregnated by the Prothean beacon and must bring her secret knowledge into the world. Throughout her travels she reviews the other options society presents to avoid having a child, in the form of contraception (genophage), abortion (reapers), or giving her child up to adoption (collectors). Finally with the aid of the galaxy, she helps to construct a massive phallic instrument to impregnate the flower-like Citadel, which gives birth to a starchild who allows her to see the outcome of her actions. She either accepts this responsibility and becomes the Galactic Mother, or selfishly kills her child in the womb so that she can continue living her hedonistic lifestyle.

You are the best poster itt currently and you deserve a medal

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Witcher 3 is hors concours and shouldn't be nowhere near a DA:I comparison for the sake of not tearing the poo poo out of it

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Just you wait until someone makes a "sibling love needs an improved approach" topic there, with femRyder cosplaying as a Quarian

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

holy poo poo I am dying

this is the best thing this thread produced in the last couple of months

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

So, there is a new EXISTENTIAL THREAT (again)?

What happened to "let's explore poo poo"?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

SgtSteel91 posted:

Turns out we're the existential threat, being an "alien" species that suddenly "invaded" the Andromeda galaxy

I would totally be cool with this and it would own bones BUT, even if Bioware has actually planned for that, I don't think they would pull it off well enough.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

"Pathfinder, you must manually extract this rare mineral composite for the cause"

"Don't we have actual robots and technology to fully automatize that"

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Steve2911 posted:

You joke but it's actually terrible. Like, ruining the game terrible.

I joke exactly because of that. In Inquisition, you are the head of this out-of-bounds exceptional religious paramilitary organization but the ENTIRE SUPPLY of the all common elfroot must be done manually by yourself. It isn't just a gameplay design disaster, it is a narrative one as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Beefstew posted:

Except you can literally send people out to farm for you. Or grow poo poo in your garden.

Yes, which gives a mediocre supply anyway. You can also spend precious perk points in getting an also mediocre (compared to other benefits) haul of it. Like some other posters back then said, just use cheat engine and go back to the actual relevant job you are supposed to be doing. Inquisition is immensely more enjoyable without those annoying grindy/fetchy/stupid mmo-esque time wasters.

• Locked thread