Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

kuddles posted:

Furthermore, I cannot think of anything more dangerous and stupid then suddenly setting a precedent that the story in games should be changed so that it satisfies the vocal minority of their core audience, especially when it comes to something like the BioWare fanbase.

Do you think there is a way that Bioware can come out with DLC that introduces a new, alternate ending without canonizing that ending as the 'correct' or 'best' one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

PantsBandit posted:

So I want to go back to ME1 and start a new character (Xenophobic, dick-head, space marine) but I don't want to run into the import glitch in ME3 that makes you start your Shepard's face over from scratch. Both of my imported Shepards have met with the same bullshit glitch and it really sucks a lot of the fun out of carrying a character through the entire series.

Is there a list of what specific face traits cause the glitch or something?

I believe this glitch was fixed in patch 1.02. At least, it was for me.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

lenoon posted:

You know, watching the Trilogy release trailer just reminds me (despite the fact that I'm half way through what will probably be my final run through of all three in sequence) that christ, how good these games have been, how fun and interesting the universe is and how polished the story, (most of the) animation and the voice acting are. Man, these three games over the last 6 years have been incredibly loving brilliant. For all the Bioware hate there is that's floating around, and for all that some of it is justified, it's been a loving awesome journey. I doubt anything will come along soon to rival this trilogy and the times I've had as John (paragon male), Hyacinth (renegade female) and Assclown (world's ugliest failshep) have been well worth it.

Yeah. I really got invested in this series, and I've never felt such an all-consuming pressure playing a game as I did when I was playing through ME3 for the first time and watching the galaxy fall apart. Now that all the DLC is out I should plan another playthrough :allears:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

DrNutt posted:

http://blog.bioware.com/2013/10/24/n7-day-2013-is-coming/ :toot:

A WHOLE BUNCH OF COOL MASS EFFECT STUFF But no info on the next game sorry guys.

All that promotional bullshit and no discount on the DLC.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Either way, before the next game comes out I suspect EA/Bioware will say 'we learned some lessons from ME3,' even if they actually didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
drat, they never fixed the broken quest log in a patch? That's a shame.

Did they at least fix the bug where you can get stuck in the floor on the bridge of the Normandy?

• Locked thread