Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Decius posted:

Garrus, Tali, Liara, Kaiden/Ashley. That's it. If they didn't make it through ME 2 (or if you throw Kaiden/Ashley off the Normandy for being shitheads to you) there is no substitute for them. New party members are EDI, Vega, Javik (DLC). All other former party members have cameos as pure NPCs, but Anderson is the only non-permanent party member.

Sure am glad I spent 95% of ME2 building my team!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Congratulations Bioware for making a new scanning minigame that annoys me even more than the one in ME2.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

The smoke effects in this game are pretty bad, they're just big flat opaque textures! Were they like this in the last one, I don't remember?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

The Protheans sure managed to get a lot done whilst in the process of being wiped out, didn't they? Then again, the Reapers's method of eliminating all life is hilariously inefficient

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Anal Tributary posted:

As much as I loved the new music in ME3, the best song in the game - and series - will always be this, from the first game (and used to amazing effect in this one). I've already posted it once, and will probably post it like four more times before this thread is finally archived :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w097Q0fZE-A

As far as I'm concerned, this piece of music is Mass Effect. It's great to hear traces of it in the ME3 soundtrack (although the point I'm up to, I don't think I've heard it played proper yet)

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Charlie Mopps posted:

But you can switch maps on the citadel? It has buttons on both sides to flip between the maps of all floors?

Holy poo poo!

I wish I knew that earlier.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Shepard (or at least FemShep) has a really goofy run animation when your in casual clothes, swinging her arms from side to side like a retard.

Also, it's very funny to walk as slowly as you can since it makes Shepard walk in super slo-mo.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

My alternate ending: Corporal Jenkins awakes with a start and realizes he just dreamed the entire series while awaiting the start of their mission to Eden Prime.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Anal Tributary posted:

and we needed him to be accessible via the character selection GUI (which you cannot simply ‘overwrite’ with DLC)

BULLSHIT

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Anal Tributary posted:

Kasumi and Zaieed (or however it's spelled) both had files on disc for the same reason.

Yes, for the same reason, that they wanted people to pay for things that should have shipped with the game. Or maybe the reason is their incompetence at programming, who could say.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Psyker posted:

This is exactly what Bethesda did with Skyrim. All of Cyrodil is rendered and mapped in the game release so that they have the framework in place for future DLC they want to do.

That's a little different from adding a new character to the select screen. It would have been easy to simply make the screen extensible so that any other characters they add could lot in, and that statement that I quoted just rubs me completely the wrong way because it's transparently bullshit.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I'm really enjoying the multiplayer in this, for the couple of hours I've played it. Is it just that I've never played any kind of Hoarde Mode before or is it actually good?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

CaptainCarrot posted:

Taking a renegade interrupt won't hurt your paragon score. Unless you mean "my paragon shepard would never be a jerk in any way", in which case okay.

On the othe hand there's some conversations with both interrupts and taking the first will preclude you from taking the other.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Gosh that anime ninja super assassin is embarrassing for Bioware

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Smart Car posted:

She's there to make Miranda's face look normal by comparison.

And to make everyone else's acting appear all that much better in comparison.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

The Conrad Verner mission is definitely my favourite part of the game so far. Particularly the line "I'm sorry if I ever accused you of pointing a gun at me when you didn't actually do that. I was really stressed out." (spoilered because it really made me laugh)

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Manley Pointer posted:

A lot of the conversations between crew members on the Normandy were great, but I wish they hadn't reduced the number of actual conversations between Shepard and his crew in favor of these non-interactive, overheard lines. It's really weird to find yourself slowly walking in circles around a character so you can listen to their conversation (there were dozens of arduous scenes like this in the first Assassin's Creed, and ME3 brings back painful memories)..

Oh god it's annoying when you have these overheard conversations on the Ctadel that are split into ten small portions. I can understand they'll want to split them up so that the character doesn't repeat too many lines but if it's an ongoing conversation where they're telling a story (I.e. the traumatized Asari in Huerta) it means that you either spend twenty minutes trying to hear a three minute conversation because you're having to make laps of the environment, or you're only hearing the next part some time later when you may have forgotten what she's said previously.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Primetime posted:

I'm not sure whether I ran into a glitch or not. Barla Von gave me a sidequest that I was supposed to do on Tuchanka. I 100% the Krogan DMZ, and when I returned to the citadel it was, of course, attacked. Now the quest never left my journal, and I can't do anything on Tuchanka, and Barla Von is no longer at the bank. The map still says he's hanging around the bank, but he's nowhere to be found.

Are you sure he's not there? I seem to recall seeing him stood by the window talking to a Salarian after that point (unless this was a different Volus).

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Count Choculitis posted:

Agreed, that dress is BAD. Someone on tumblr drew this awesome femShep jacket (and less retarded underwear) that I wish we had in the game and kind of want in real life.

Asymmetrical biker jackets are thet best. It would be unfair for FemShep to have a jacket that much cooler than ManShep.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Books can be rewritten after publication too. Tolkien revised parts of The Hobbit to mesh with he story he told in LotR about the discovery of the ring.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

messagemode1 posted:

Does Kaidan ever explain why he didn't want to bone male Shep in ME1? "Oh yeah, you and me we've been through so much together, Shepard. Us making out and hooking up just makes sense."

Because the Mass Effect universe is PG-13 and there's no room for gays there (ignore all the gore and Jack dropping f-bombs like there's no tomorrow)

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

messagemode1 posted:

(I think) He's sarcastically criticizing Bioware's implicit position that gays are R-rated and not for kids. It's not his actual position.

Yeah, the quote was from Casey Hudson to people asking about gay romances in ME2: http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9026170

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Flipswitch posted:

So what do Goons think of the sound effects in this game? I think my favourite is the fog horns the Reapers use, nearly blew out my eardrums I had it so loud last time I played.

Yeah the Reaper noises are awesome. You expect good sound in ME3 though since EA apparently called in DICE to do some of it.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

MrL_JaKiri posted:

^^ Why yes, he does

But don't you need to choose to support him over the shopkeeper to get him the refund? So perhaps it's in your hands.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Davincie posted:

Just a random question, but how many of you don't take the investigate like options on the left side? I notice a lot of you weren't able to do the final boss dialogue option because you missed one, but it feels odd to me that people would intentionally miss easy content. Why don't you click those dialogue options?

I usually take all of them but I missed the first couple in this game because I hadn't played ME2 for a year or so and forgot how things worked... hopefully I didn't miss an important one.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

So while I've no doubt the spoiler thread is all over it, it should at least be mentioned in here that Bioware making changes to the ending.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Sombrerotron posted:

Let's not jump to conclusions, here. There's no explicit promises in there to change the ending(s). The announcement that work is being done "on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey" may not mean anything more than "there'll be an epilogue that shows/tells you exactly what happens after Shepard fires the Crucible". That's better than nothing, but I would strongly advise against getting your hopes up very much that we'll get genuinely new endings.

Oh yeah, that's why I made sure phrase it as 'making changes to the ending' rather than 'changing the ending'.

Noxville fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 21, 2012

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Sombrerotron posted:

Yeah, the hand textures are dire. It'd be nice if maybe they could do something about that in some eventual patch, and maybe bring back the film grain filter as well.

They were horrible in DA2 as well, since I don't remember them always being so horrible they must've changed them at some point but I'm not sure why.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

War Pig posted:

This makes me embarrassed to play this game.

Did anybody else notice they also modelled pokey nipples on Jack's new design?

http://imgur.com/6gr9G

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

NihilCredo posted:

Did we ever meet a single female Turian?

Obligatory 'Saren' post

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

PunkBoy posted:

At least Tim was somewhat competent?

List of successful Cerberus projects:

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Gasoline posted:

Lazarus.

Questionable whether that achieved what he wanted it to.

With that an Subject Zero they produced weapons that soon were directed against Cerberus.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Vlad the Retailer posted:

Does hitting Authorize on the Spectre Terminal ever have negative consequences? The only place I'd imagine it would so far is giving a gun to the PTSD Soldier (haven't tried it yet)

Yes, in that case you mention specifically.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Two Finger posted:

Overlord also has one of the most satisfying callbacks in ME3.

Annoyingly my game refused to recognise that I'd done Overlord. Didn't see that guy, ran in to his brother and the only conversation options were as if I knew nothing about it.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Sombrerotron posted:

Hahaha, I finally got to see Conrad in ME3, and I'm goddamn glad I had decided not to read any spoilers. When the asari matriarch writings and Elkoss Combine license came up, I just gaped at my monitor in stupefied disbelief. It blows my mind that those variables have been tracked all the way from ME1, and that those utterly pointless things actually end up serving some purpose after all these years. Amazing.

Highlight of the game for me is the little bit with Conrad. Kind of amazing that they made this one section with the series's joke character so much more reactive than the actual end sequence of the game.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Affi posted:

Ugh is my save bugged out? I think I can't romanticize Liara. I didn't even cheat on her in ME2 and did the shadowbrooker part and everything. But I've just done Citadel Priority 1 and I think something should have happened by now right? Others are throwing themselves at my awesome Shepard but Liara isn't :(

Talk to her on the Citadel again? I'm pretty sure I didn't get the Paramour achievement until after Citadel Priority so you probably haven't been able to get that far yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Execu-speak posted:

Can anyone tell me how the gently caress I get my ME2 face code? I am about to start ME3 and I want to play it with my Shep but the loving face import bug is pissing me off.

I've been googling and people say that when on a mission in ME2 it should be in the top left when you go to your squad screen, welp it aint there in my game. I've also tried using the gibbed editor but that only gives you the raw data.

Can anyone help a bro out?

It's not there if you just imported a face directly from ME1. It sucks and I don't really get why ME2 can translate those faces without a code but ME3 can't.

• Locked thread