Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Ok, I tried to browse through the thread and search the best I could, but I didn't see any glaring fixes to my problem. I bought the Digital Deluxe PC version, and lately 9 times out of 10 can't connect to the servers to verify my DLC. I feel like I've wasted 80 bucks at this point and would just like to play. I see people in Google searches with similar problems, but no concrete solutions. Anyone know what I can do to fix this poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

bunky posted:

Ok, I tried to browse through the thread and search the best I could, but I didn't see any glaring fixes to my problem. I bought the Digital Deluxe PC version, and lately 9 times out of 10 can't connect to the servers to verify my DLC. I feel like I've wasted 80 bucks at this point and would just like to play. I see people in Google searches with similar problems, but no concrete solutions. Anyone know what I can do to fix this poo poo?

Hah gently caress. EA Live Chat wants me to disable my virus protection and firewall to fix this. Holy potatoes, what is wrong with this company?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

doo doo thief posted:

If your firewall is blocking connections on the ports they use to verify the dlc that's a pretty common and likely effective suggestion assuming they mean to disable it just long enough to verify your stuff then restart everything.

The insidious legion of China's botnet isn't going to turn your computer into a bomb if you have your firewall off for 5 minutes.

I've been playing the game up to about level 25. It's not like I've never been able to log in. I don't think anyone mentioned China, but thanks for the help!
E: I disabled MSE and Windows Firewall and tried to run the game to no avail. Guess the Red Army wins again?

bunky fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 17, 2012

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

I don't know how anyone is playing this game on PC. Three nights in a row I haven't been able to connect to their servers to verify my DLC, regardless of my anti-virus or firewall status. What a loving pain in the rear end.

E: I'm so goddamn close to the end. Is this the ending everyone has been bitching about? Because I agree. What a lovely ending.

bunky fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 29, 2012

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I just click Cancel whenever it says that, I didn't buy any DLC so no big deal. Is that not working?

No, you can't load a save because the dlc isn't verified.

• Locked thread