Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Question to snipers. Help me decide whether to do an Infiltrator or an Engineer or what if I play again after Vanguard. I'm hearing from friends that a shot from the Black Widow will only ever strip a shielded target's shields without damaging his health, regardless of whether you were cloaked and supposedly receiving a massive damage boost. This sucks because I enjoyed ME2 Infiltrator mostly because the ME2 Widow could crush enemies with two health bars in one shot and sometimes 1-shot Harbinger.

The friend also says that sometimes, instead of making the target's head explode, the Widow makes its whole body explode. This obviously rules.

So I dearly need to know if either of those things is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
My question is really: can the Widow one-shot a Marauder/Phantom/Combat Engineer/other badguy with a shield or barrier or armor bar on Normal difficulty?

My Vanguard Charge regularly knocked away a Marauder's entire shield bar and wounded his health down to like three boxes. Regardless of that, my friend claims his Widow only ever takes out the target's shield bar, leaving the health bar intact, regardless of cloak or uncloak. Which, if true, would be enormous bull.

However, if it is also true that you can make the whole guy's body explode, that would pretty much cancel the bull for me.

• Locked thread