Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The one true heezy
Mar 23, 2004

americanzero4128 posted:

Do people call over the back in pickup games? I haven't played pickup in a few years, since I moved away from the college town, and I have been scarred by one rear end in a top hat going over the back on me every rebound. I am talking one hand on my back using me as a springboard type over the back, not just once in a while, focused on the ball, type poo poo. I never called it because half the time I got the rebound and the other half it was a toss up between whether he got it or I tipped it to a teammate, but one guy we played with was like "You need to call the over the back man" and I never had before, and haven't heard a rule/etiquette one way or the other on it.

Also, just got a pass to the YMCA, ready to ball it up with some old white dudes Saturday morning.

Either speak up or do it right back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The one true heezy
Mar 23, 2004
the hypermax or hyperdunks are great feeling lightweight shoes that wont break the bank

The one true heezy
Mar 23, 2004
Guys I need more post moves. I'm drop stepping into baby hooks/jump hooks, and pivoting out into pretty high % leaner/jumpers, but after so many games of 1 on 1 my roommate is catching onto my game.

Help me expand my repertoire

The one true heezy
Mar 23, 2004
i can hit a 15 foot sharp bank, but not as a jumper.

Up and under sounds like a good project. I hate to pump fake too much because it tends to end up with broken fingers, but I definitely want to incorporate the steps.

So drop step, pivot inside, fake the hook, then pivot under?

The one true heezy
Mar 23, 2004

Dogs Bower posted:

Part of it was just the close up... and I'll admit im a little jealous as a grown rear end man who cant grow facial hair.

Back on topic though, I can't shoot 3's with any consistently what is the best way to improve? besides just practice which i do. I don't need to be Ray Allen Steph Curry, it's just frustrating to be so disrespected that pump fakes no longer work, which hurts my ability to attack the hoop. Any small tips would help

I shoot in my backyard for an hour or two every day when I get off work/school. If I don't shoot every day, then I forget how to shoot and I have to rediscover my form.

The one true heezy
Mar 23, 2004
if I'm leaping on the up and under, after my drop step and pivot, and my back leg doesn't leave the ground at the same time as my front, is it a travel?

The one true heezy
Mar 23, 2004
I have my own court. :smug:

The one true heezy
Mar 23, 2004

Rick posted:

I feel like I should get some Kobe 8s since they are almost universally liked?

It's almost like wearing 300 dollars on your feet. Almost.

The one true heezy
Mar 23, 2004

Rick posted:

The place where I have problems is the front of my feet.
You mean like turf toe? Plantar fasciitis? Do you have high arches?

Rick posted:

I was confused because I remembered there were good pairs for 140 last time I looked, but apparently that was only around Christmas, because right now only the ugliest pair is that cheap. I mean I don't mind paying for shoes since I get about 3 years out of a pair now but 90 more bucks to not be wearing ugly kind of sucks.

I only make fun of them because I can't afford them/wouldn't buy shoes for 250-300, but I'd love to try a pair. As far as what I actually use: I've done 2 pairs of hyperfuses now and I love them. Just a solid, well balanced shoe IMO.

The one true heezy
Mar 23, 2004
When I play, calling and one is compulsory on every drive. Any hook shot needs to be closely followed with "Rik Smits bitch!"

The one true heezy fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The one true heezy
Mar 23, 2004

BIZORT posted:

In my experiences, best way to practice post moves is to do them quite a bit on your own and then when you're in a game you'll do one without even thinking. Thinking is what kills your post game. Watch Dwight in a game and you'll see that.

This is it for me, and why the strong hand baseline spin is so tough for me to do. You have to be defended to practice it.

Working drop steps and baby hooks all around the basket is way funner to practice than 3 pointers though.

• Locked thread