Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral BJ
May 28, 2005
Kicking ass and taking names
Cool thread. I've been playing basketball for a while and recently got a membership to the college in town's rec center. 6 full size courts and usually two full court games going at once.

Unfortunately it's spring break so they don't open again till next week. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral BJ
May 28, 2005

BIZORT posted:

General tip for others: When you warm up, don't just start shooting from 20 feet out. Put some shots up from close in and gradually work your way out. Your shot will thank you later on.

Hmm, never though to do this. Usually when I warm up I just try to shoot tons of threes for a while and then shoot from other ranges. Have to give it a try tomorrow when the college gym opens back up from spring break.

Lately I've been trying to introduce a 3pt game with decent results. I'm 6'2 210 and play down low most of the time and can usually rebound better than most people just because of effort and hustle but every now and then I'll sneak out or get in the corner on a fast break and have been hitting 3's decently now.

Admiral BJ
May 28, 2005
I usually set lots of screens for pick and rolls and just look at the situation to decide whether to cut or pop. Setting screens for a good shooter is nice too when they can get get a fairly open 3 right over you and their guy.

Speaking of screens, on defense yell out when one is gonna happen and if it's to the left or right. Also, if your teammate gets caught in the screen switch to their man if you need to.

Admiral BJ
May 28, 2005
We don't have a full court at the Y I play at, but we run 4 on 4 and it's perfect for the court size.

• Locked thread