Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

FACEBOOK GROUP:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/140031832792118/

NEAI 5 voting.

http://doodle.com/h39ivtk233h4iwa9

Penis

Slow is Fast fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

#newenglandai welcomes all on synirc

Slow is Fast fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 23, 2012

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

commissargribb posted:

OOOH new England AI huh? Which ghetto as gently caress vehicle should i bring?

The one most full of bondo and broken dreams

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Lets plan out a blow poo poo up drink beer bbq meet near CT and mass. Then we can do summer/fall meets where we make fun of nasioc nerds.

Who what where when

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Also epping is pretty close so I'd show up to that poo poo

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Summer national sounds awesome, I'd show up.

I'm going to be in Epping tomorrow doing a rallycross at the dragway hoping my car doesn't catch fire.

As for a big get together, Kasteins got the place, now all we need is beer and science to blow poo poo up.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

Anyone? I tried to PM Acky, but this is a bit of a slow thread. I guess he might not have swung back by.

I used to live in Bangor, but not anymore :(

SwashedBuckles posted:

Also, I've been meaning to go to the New England Forest Rally for years; is anyone else on the fence?

I'll be there, either spectating or volunteering. Hoping to actually drive the drat thing in 2013...

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

commissargribb posted:

My YJ is still stock but I have a 2" procomp lift waiting to go on. Just gotta make some time to change it over.

aka waiting for slow is fast to come do it for you :)

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

commissargribb posted:

That reminds me.

Do you know any place I can do this that ISN'T my crooked hosed up driveway?

We can use my folks garage. Start soaking all the bolts with PB blaster for a month straight.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

chrisgt posted:

If we have the meet at your place, hopefully my POS is running. It makes it most places jeeps and stuff go...

I am not flat towing you back from mass, fyi

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kastein posted:

might be a good idea. Anything works for me, with a week or two of notice.

chrisgt, that is drat impressive. My hat is off to you.

I'm thinking once it warms up. We'll have at least a month of notice. May/June?

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kastein posted:

So when are we having this shindig? I'm gonna tentatively put it down for some weekend in April or May... I am busy 4/15, 5/20, 5/26-28 but any other weekend works. (all of those are wheeling runs with my club - if anyone wants to join, we can discuss it during the blow-poo poo-up event)

April 21st or May 12th?

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

My April is shot to hell now. May 12th all day 'errry day.

Also, it sucks that Kastein got busted by THE MAN :(

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I'll bring beer and see what I can dig up for motors.

I REALLY like the idea of big turbo small motor.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

May 12th it is.

I'll dig through the junk pile this weekend. I might have a briggs that needs to die.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

This is going to be amazing.

I fully intend to spit fire with cheap liquor as well.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

We're gonna make fireballs at NEAI-fest 2012.

In other news. Talk is in the works for the New England Forest Rally 2012.

ChrisGT and I are going. Possibly going to camp out. Camping and rally cars plus booze and BBQ.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Hillridge posted:

I'm going to try and make it to this if possible.

I'd also like to offer my workshop in Nashua for future events. We have a 9000lbs. asymmetrical Rotary lift, lots of space, and within the next couple weeks should be getting a CNC plasma cutter that will do 3/4" steel or better. Hell, if any of you live nearby and want to drop by some night or weekend to use the facility, I'm there all the time.

Fab me rally car poo poo k thx

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

Can a stock LS7 be tuned for any gains?

Only if you show up to the loving meet at kens place :colbert:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Put some beers in my hands and I'll light off whatever stupid poo poo you fuckers come up with.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Gonna f5 this thread all day tomorrow expecting progress.

Also, grandmother is on deathwatch, hopefully I can still make it to #NEAI...

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Hillridge posted:

What are the details on this weekend's meet? All I know is Saturday at Kastein's

I'm in 100%.

ChrisGT and I will probably convoy down from Maine? Maybe hit some junkyards looking for subaru poo poo to throw in my gutted RS on the way down?

I'm bringing two cases of beer.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

chrisgt posted:

I already have dibs of the first seven. HAH.

rear end, if I'm going to have two cars with SOHC's I'm going to need like 3 more.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

How much did you get done / whats left?

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

That's usually how all my projects look except with more garage and booze

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

ChrisGT is crashing at my place tonight.

I imagine we'll get to mass around 10-11ish and hit up some junkyards till the afternoon?

And then I'll start drinking and wanna finish comissargribbs stupid Jeep.

Once I get drunkenly board of that I expect to haul the seized up block out of ChrisGT's trunk and fill it with thermite.

Seeing a theme here? I'm bringing down two cases of beer lets make this poo poo poppin :colbert:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Black88GTA posted:

I'll see your two cases of beer, and raise you two more! :smug: I picked up variety pack 12'ers from Saranac, Brooklyn Brewery and Blue Point, along with something called Mariachi :confused: Idk, it was $8 for a 12 pack and apparently is a South American Corona knockoff.

This works out well. I'll be bringing variety packs from our local breweries, so anything I can try that's new will be awesome.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Black88GTA posted:

That was my thought too, I wanted to bring some stuff from NY micros since it may not be readily available up that way. Not sure where Saranac comes from and I'm too lazy to google it or go downstairs to look, but Brooklyn (obviously) and Blue Point are local and awesome.

I thought about bringing up a 30 of Genny Light in case beer pong was happening, but then I realized it is swill (although local swill).

Can you get yuengling? Bring a case of that for me to bring back to maine!

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

sharkytm posted:

Only if you bring Gritty's.

In addition to my two cases, I will bring a case of grittys in exchange for yeungling.

And yeah, GTA grittys is a microbrew up here, I realize I'm downtrading, but I never get to have yeungling.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Two grittys variety packs and a shipyard variety pack purchased. The girl at the supermarket rolled her eyes at me carrying three cases of beer at once. ChrisGT and I are on our way to southbridge.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Slow is Fast posted:

I fully expect if we do manage to pull off a meet up, that I see poo poo exploding, get to see stupid cars (and kastiens MJ's :3:), and get to drink a gently caress ton of beer.

poo poo exploding. Check.
Stupid cars. Check.
MJ's. Two Checks.
gently caress ton of beer. Check.

Saturday was awesome:

First we went wheeling. Ken's MJ needs a splash guard:

Then once people started showing up it was thermite time:

And put it in an EJ22:

"oh god, someone just put a roadflare in my toilet"

And a huge thanks to Black88GTA, my fridge is happy:

I'll post videos eventually.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kastein posted:

And in the near future there is likely to be a Worcester junkyard extravaganza to pull a subaru motor for Dan and a 2ZJ-GE that Ace and I have had our eyes on for a while (assuming it hasn't been crushed yet.)

I <3 you. I need all the SOHC's I can get and the subaru one is an easy pull.

Going to send you my google calendar so we can coordinate weekends.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I'm down for a motor pull weekend on the 16th.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

commissargribb posted:

So I think sometime this summer we need to have an NEAI wheeling/camping trip to All Wheels in Lewiston, Maine.

http://www.facebook.com/allwheelsoffroad?sk=info

We just need to peg down a date for this. I'm clear most of the summer but I'd imagine most of you have busy schedules.

I'm in. Late july works best for me. I'll try and steal something to hoon around in.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kastein posted:

I'm tentatively in. My wheeling schedule is already pretty packed.

June ???-24, July 7-8, 20-22, August 12th, and September 1-3 + 8-9 I am booked. Most other weekends work, aside from junkyard day 2 weekends from now.

July 28th

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

So when am I showing up saturday for NEAI#2 JY edition?

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kastein posted:

Anytime you want friday after about 4-5 or Saturday morning sound good? The earlier the better.

Also, I need an exact list of desired engine donors so I can go to the yard tomorrow and take stock of what needs pulling. Don't want you guys driving 6 hours for nothing.

Any 2000 to 2004 subaru I want a motor out of.

I'm also down to come help pull that motor ace wanted. Looking for miscellaneous third gen subaru legacy parts as well.

They have front ends that look like this:

Not sure if chrisgt wants anything.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Minimal blood was shed, I got legacy parts, though not everything I needed.

No motors were pulled, no SOHC's for me, and there were too many hots

I did see the fastest 8.8 removal ever though.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

chrisgt posted:

I can tell you right now that Dan won't want it... BUT. How much? How many miles, etc?

You know me weeelllllllllllllllllllllllll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Updated the OP with facebook link and a blurb about NEAI#2

• Locked thread