Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
CT crew, I'd be up for rolling somewhere if it's not halfway to Canada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

ACEofsnett posted:

A decision has been made. The 29th to 30th of September in Broadbrook, Connecticut, at Billy_Tully / Pipkin's place. How he goes about disseminating the address is up to him, however.

This is way closer to me than the last one and I'm off that weekend. Is this place more accessible than the last? None of my vehicles have the ground clearance for rutted dirt roads.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
I'm in Virginia this weekend but I swear I'll make one of these someday

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

chrisgt posted:

Surprisingly, I can't find a great pic online. But I crew on this boat. It's been a wicked lovely spring so far... Few passengers, tons of rain, fog, and nasty rough seas. I don't get seasick, but it gets wicked miserable having to firehose the deck down all the time.....

I know how you feel, man. I used to work on a boat out of New London and that fucker sank drat near every time we left the pier

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
That's actually right down the road from me but I'll be at Electric Zoo or recovering from same most of the weekend. I might try to make it up on Sunday to take some photos.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

kastein posted:

They just wanted to close up and go home and didn't add everything up, just charged me for the rearend I had

Been a while since I've gotten a discount for that, but it's always a nice feeling

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
New England AI, I am moving and have to abandon a project. 8/75 Toyota FJ40 LandCruiser, Chevy 350, stock Toyo 4-speed. Mark's V8 adapter, Man-A-Fre Wilwood front disc brake conversion. It does not run; it ran when I parked it but that was over eight years ago, I've cranked it once since then but now the starter clutch won't engage. Engine is built up some and is better than your usual junkyard pull, if it hasn't been ruined by sitting. Multiple sets of front doors, ambulance doors but the bottoms are rotten. The body is in crap shape, the glass is all there. I even have a spare transmission and transfer case.

I'm going to throw it up on Craigslist for a small amount of money but would be willing to straight give it to an AI goon provided they can get it out of here, keeping in mind it'll need to be winched onto a trailer or a flatbed. It's located in Danbury, CT. PM me if you're interested.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

SFH1989 posted:

I've never really wanted an FJ40 and I don't have the time/money/space for another project but this it's just so convenient. Probably a good thing I don't own my own house or it would just go from your yard to mine.

Where are you moving?

Omaha, NE.

The ad's up on CL now, I'm assuming it's kosher to post since I'm not asking goons for money: http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/4468809204.html

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
The usual; more money for a better job with a better company. Also I don't know if you've ever had a chance to experience scenic Danbury but I wouldn't overestimate its charms. The best thing about it is I can walk to the train station and take a 3 hour round trip into NYC, when the trains are running, and I don't do that near enough for it to hold me. Downtown Omaha looks pretty good by comparison and the rent for a bigger apartment is hundreds of dollars less. I've been in CT for 10 of the past 14 years and that's more than enough to last me a while.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Where are you working in Omaha? I just moved my crap out today. Just stay the gently caress out west if you want to live in a decent area.... the rest sucks. Pretty much west of... 132nd is decent. The rest you better bolt/weld/etc unless you want it stolen.

I'll actually be working in southern Council Bluffs, but living there looks sorta dull. I'm looking at some places in Old Market that are supposedly pretty secure (a priority for my motorcycle) and close to night life, and like I said, even the swanky places are worlds cheaper than here.

It's kind of funny, the AI guys all mention the crime stuff in Omaha but all the USAF guys from Goons In Platoons seem to think it's less of an issue. I don't know if that means the AI guys lived in rougher spots than the roughly-Offutt area, or if milguys are just accustomed to the area around a base being a crime-riddled shithole.

Land Cruiser sold already, by the way. The guy loaded it into a dumpster to haul it, I thought that was odd, but apparently he just likes weird car projects so hopefully it'll get the treatment it deserves that I couldn't provide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Omaha just sucks. Don't live there. Ever.

Not really relevant to this thread any more but I'm finding Omaha super pleasant. Of course I haven't gone through a winter.

• Locked thread