Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
Custard is delicous when churned and frozen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

InEscape posted:

Oh good lord, I guess asking a question is Cooking or Dying, but are butter tarts a type of custard?

I'd say you're skirting the definition of a custard. It technically does have dairy and egg, so its arguable. At the same time, I think custard is generally accepted to involve milk or cream as the dairy component.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

Clockwork Cupcake posted:

e: Oh yeah, using vanilla extract in the frozen custard, it seemed a little bit sharp - if I ever get my hands on some vanilla beans it might be nice to combine that with the cream instead.

I get my vanilla beans from The Boston Vanilla Bean Company

They are very affordable and I've had great success from them. Only order what you think you'll use in about a 6 month time period however. Vanilla beans will dry out and become brittle.

To use them in your ice cream/custard, use a paring knife to split the bean lengthwise. Then use the back of the knife to scrape the pulp out of the pod. Add the pulp and the pod to your cream/milk/sugar mixture right off the bat. Leave the pod in the mixture as you ice bath/refrigerate the custard and take it out just before you pour it into your machine.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

Mutiny!!!!!!

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

I would say that if this goes on much longer, Ricola should be required to make a 1-dozen Cadbury egg western omelet.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

And wash them down with chickenade.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

I'm on the edge of my seat awaiting Cadbury Eggs Benedict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

Taft, that is a thing of beauty.

Cadbury Egg-salad sandwich?