Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogflaps
Apr 17, 2008
Hey guys, I'm facing a bit of a dilemma and I'd really like some input.

The family dog died just less than a year ago, and ever since I have ached for a dog of my own. It's all I think about, and I can't wait for the day when I can bring home my own little puppy.

I live in a flat (pets allowed) with my girlfriend (who is also a massive dog lover), and we'd both love a dog. We visited an RSPCA shelter where we saw the most awesome little critter ever! He's an old labrador, about 9 years old, and he's gorgeous. He looks like a little, old gentleman, and both me and my girlfriend fell in love with him.

The guy showing us around told us that the dog had been there for months with no interest, because he was just too old. They said he's the most chill dog ever, though. Never makes any noise, super friendly and happy to just chill out and relax in his old age.

Now, me and my girlfriend don't live in the ideal situation for a dog. We both work 9 - 5 (although we have different days off, so the dog would have company for 4 days a week) and we don't have a garden to let him out in. However, we'd absolutely adore this dog. We'd cuddle him and play with him every night, we'd look after him as best we can and we'd take him for big, long walks on our days off. When we can't be there for him, he can just hang out on his bean bag and doze, right?

My question is, this dog probably aint going to live for much longer. Maybe 5 years, tops. Surely he'd be better off with us, being loved and cared for (although left alone for 3 days a week) than left to die in a cage? Can we not just give him an awesome retirement? Let him live out his last years with a family who loves him? What do you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU