Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Grundle
Sep 5, 2011
Anyone have a recommendation for a no-pull harness for a corgi? He's about two years old and weighs about 22 lbs.

Here's a picture of the monster.

Lord Grundle fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Grundle
Sep 5, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

/shrug

That's from one of the books strongly recommended in the OP, titled "BEFORE You Get Your Puppy".

https://www.dogstardaily.com/files/BEFORE%20You%20Get%20Your%20Puppy.pdf

I used that book as well from the recommendations of this thread. I do think the majority of it is really good information, but stuff like the page you posted just gave me anxiety that I was forever ruining my dog by not having him meet enough people. Also there was a part about potty training that pretty much said that a single mistake will set you back a whole month in training, which also drove me crazy when an accident happened. I think these parts may just be hyperbole to get readers to understand that these things are important in that stage of the puppy's life because otherwise it's almost impossible to accomplish.

I definitely didn't follow the book 100% and it was very stressful raising this monster for the first year and a half but he's a real good boy now :woof:

Lord Grundle
Sep 5, 2011

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Holy cow. Between this and worrying about introducing 100 (!!!) people before 12 weeks, the puppy is gonna be worse off just from picking up on your anxiety over every little thing. Your dog isn’t going to turn into a vicious carpet-pissing monster because you didn’t catch her one time when she pooped in the living room.

Oh yeah I realized that and learned to not be so anxious about accidents. I was just stating those are some flaws in an otherwise good dog training book. If anyone else with a new puppy is using that book, those two points should be taken with huge grains of salt.